Chapter 22: The Winter Dance

*Logan POV*

My sister got home from university Sunday night. She was ecstatic when she heard the dance was tomorrow. I groan, knowing this means I am in for a long makeover. She never passes up an opportunity to help me with my looks, as she says it is her responsibility as my older sister.

I have a nervous, jittery feeling inside me when I think about tonight. A few hours before the dance, my sister calls me upstairs, saying its time to get me ready.

"Ready? Christie, it's only 4 o'clock! It should not take three hours to get ready." I protest.

"It will for you!" She calls from upstairs, "Now get up here!"

I scowl, knowing it will most likely take over three hours. It would definitely take over four if she knew about Virgil. I walk upstairs and see her with a dozen makeup supplies in the bathroom.

"No. We are not using those." I say.

"Logie, when will you learn this is the one thing you can't fight me over?" She asks.

"Falsehood. I can and I will." I say.

"Fine. We won't do too much makeup." She says.

I grin triumphantly. That smile fades, however, when she pulls out several hair products. I will never understand why she needs so many.

---

3 hours of getting ready and we're finally done. I look at the time. I only have 15 minutes to get to the dance. CherryWood is 10 minutes away. I grab my wallet and keys, thank Christie, and go on my way. 

I get to the dance fairly quickly and help set up a few final things. 

"Hello, Joan. I see you are back from vacation. Where did you go?" I ask, seeing my old sound booth partner.

"Hey Logan! I went down to Florida. I had almost forgotten how cold it is up here." they say.

"Yes, I do believe there is a storm predicted for tonight," I say.

Joan groans a bit at that, and I don't blame them. We already have 4 inches of snow on the ground. We just finished setting the final few things up when I see Patton come in. I walk over and greet him.

"Salutations, Patton," I say.

"Hi Lo!" He says, giving me a hug.

"Where is Roman?" I ask.

"He'll be here in a minute. Are you excited?" He asks.

"I suppose I am. Dances are not usually something I enjoy, but the food is good." I say.

Dances are pretty illogical if you ask me.

"Not about the dance, about Virgil!" Patton says.

My heart jumps a bit. My face going red was all the answer Patton needed.

I'm sipping on some fruit punch Patton convinced me to try when he walks in. The doors open and in the stepping in from the lights outside is Virgil. I've heard the phrase 'breathtaking' but I never thought it could be literal. He looks simply stunning. I have never been so sure of my sexuality until now. He walks over to me.

"Virgil, you look..." I trail off, "Splendid."

"Thanks. You do too." He says.

I blush a bit and turn a bit to hide it.

"So," He starts to say, "Do you kno-"

He is cut off when Amy walks by us.

"Hi Lo-Lo!" She says.