6 Another Friday Night

June is hot and I hate hot weather. Sure people enjoy being half naked and chilling on a beach getting all sweat up, but I don't like that. I'd rather chill naked in my pool than to go out on beach and feel disgusted of my skin sweating like a water tanker.

It's Friday today. And tonight, Jungkook will hit on the arena to bet for the fight. Men around there will not take it for longer if any outsider will randomly challenge the best fighter and defeat them. They'll get angrier and too much anger could result in my loss and I cannot afford that.

I sigh and decide that I have had enough of pool thing and I need to get out provided the evening is taking charge. I look up at the sky which is now hazed and I realise I must have spent more than just an hour in this pool thinking and analysing the situation I am in. It feels like I am overthinking, but can I blame myself?

I walk out of the pool and grab the dry towel kept on the edge of the beach chair to wrap around my naked body. I guess I should not dwell on a topic more than a week or so, otherwise I will start to panic.

After getting ready with a blue jeans and a burgundy top, I grab my stuffs and walk out of my room. Lillian will be attending her weekend art class tonight like every other Fridays and Saturdays, so I have no worries for her. It's been six years since dad has died, and I have made sure since then that Lillian is safe at any cost. I have never been threatened for life before. People beyond the arena don't know about my identity or how I look like. Hell if anyone knows that the arena is run by someone and most of all don't know about its existence. It is better that way. For the world, we are two sisters who are orphans and live a low life.

I intentionally ruffle Lillian's hair to make it messy as she opens the door of passenger seat to hop out. She complains vigorously setting her hair back in place. According to her, she wants to impress the new art teacher who is way too handsome. At least she is living her dreamy adolescent life. Waving her goodbye, I drive my car back to Arena.

Everyone greet me as I make my way inside the tunnels. I am early I can see. Men and women are everywhere around here waiting for the announcement of the new fight to begin at any second. They all are clearly not known about Roger's death, it should be this way only. Roger was loved by everyone here. He was the drug dealer and was famous to provide quite good stuffs. If the news will spread across the tunnels here, people would go crazy and will do something stupid that I cannot afford right now.

"Hey." It's Derry who greets me. I smile at him and send him a nod as I make my way towards the main room.

"Jennie isn't coming tonight?" I ask him entering the room.

"Yeah, she called and said she have to go somewhere." He shrugs his shoulders and I give him a look.

"You sure?" I ask for confirmation. He rolls his eyes and instantly retorts back.

"She called me and she was giggling like an imbecile. Don't worry." He snorts and I nod my head.

"That's okay. I am starting to doubt when someone says they have other plans." Derry halts at my words and his smile fades.

"You are right; we should be worried for our loved ones now." I sigh and walk towards him. He is logging in the system to update the recent stats.

"You okay?" I ask letting my hand fall on his shoulder. He smiles tightly and looks up at me.

"Doing fine, Just trying to move on." He mumbles and I send him a nod.

"I promise we will find who ever has killed Roger for you." He says nothing but just acknowledges my words with a nod. I crouch down and pull him in a warm hug. Derry is my family. We've been for each other since so long and even though he keeps crushing on me like a high schooler, I still consider him a part of my small family.