7 The Invitation

Rushing out of my car, I run for the front door. I notice an unfamiliar sedan waiting outside the driveway. It must be of Mr Kim’s or whatsoever. I open the door and walk casually inside the living room to find Lillian and a handsome Asian guy examining the painting that I painted and displayed in my living room keenly. Sensing my presence, both of their heads turn to me.

“Eli, you came.” Lillian greets and the man standing next to her grins too.

“Oh, yeah.” I say walking closer to them. “You must be the art teacher?” I ask to the tall Asian guy and he grins nodding his head.

“That would be me.” He extends his hand and we share a hand shake.

“I am sorry for the trouble. I was running some important errands.” I have seen him somewhere.

“No problem.” He says. “It is my duty to make sure my students are home after class.” I smile up at him.

“Oh, how generous of you…”

“Ah, how unfortunate I didn’t introduce myself.” He mumbles and places his palm on his chest bowing slightly as he introduces. “I am Kim Taehyung.”

“Nice to meet you Mr Kim, Elizabeth Markel. Well, would you like me to make you some coffee or tea?”

“Oh no, I had it already. Lilly and I made it together.” Surprised, I shoot my brows up at Lillian who smiles shyly.

“Lilly helped you?” I ask for confirmation and he sends me a nod.

“Yeah, she did.” He points towards two coffee mugs placed on the centre table.

“Wow, I hope a miracle will happen and she will help me too.” I chuckle and so do Kim Taehyung.

“Eli…” Lillian groans.

“Anyway, Ms Markel, I love your painting.” He says looking at the canvas in front of him. I stare at it lovingly and nod my head.

“Thank you. It is one of my best works.”

“I am an art collector Ms Markel and I have an eye for beautiful artworks. If you’d like, I could offer you a good price for this masterpiece.” I blush at his comment.

“I fear I have to decline your kind offer. I don’t sell my paintings.” I mumble smiling.

“What a shame. I would’ve thrown thousands over this one. But as an artist myself, I know how much it pains to see your work going away. So I completely understand.” This man is really good with words.

“Once again, sorry for the trouble.” I say standing on the front porch. Kim Taehyung turns back to look at me and smiles broadly.

“Don’t worry Ms Markel. I didn’t regret coming here.” He says staring powerfully down at me. I am starting to believe Asian guys are truly beautiful. This guy in front of me is so beautiful that I would love to call him an art piece himself.

“Good night.” I say and he replies back before disappearing behind the gates.

“Isn’t he handsome?” Lillian asks from behind and I nod my head.

“He is.” Sighing to myself, I close the door and walk inside the house.

“You hungry, want me to make some chicken grills?” I ask pulling Lillian closer to me by draping my arm around her shoulder.

“Yeah, I love chicken grill.” She says rubbing her stomach.

“I know.”

“And why are you sitting like that lady?” My head snaps up in surprise and see the new instructor standing in front of me. I have been sitting on this bench for a while now.