9 Threat

Jungkook slowly turns around and unexpectedly he has cute smile on his face confusing me. Why he made the painting of blue diamonds? It really eats me alive.

“You saw the painting?” he asks giggling. “I made it because once while I was travelling in Paris, I visited one museum. I saw blue diamond displayed there as one of the rarest masterpieces in world. It caught my eyes and so I painted.” He shrugs his shoulders. “Don’t tell me you got impressed with my painting skills.” He smirks. Right, he doesn’t know anything about them, and even if he knows, it isn’t about me. It is coincidence that he also has an eye for those diamonds while they mean a world to me.

“I am.” I admit and walk towards the passenger seat.

“Do you like travelling?” Jungkook asks pulling the car out of the driveway. I take in deep breath and send him a nod.

“I do, but don’t get to travel much.” I say looking out of the window. “It is quite fascinating, to feel the new air every year, to be always on the move.”

“I guess you are thinking a lot about what we do.” He chuckles and I smile.

“Of course I am. I never thought about anything like that before. When you told me about it, I find myself always thinking about it.” I sigh. “I wonder how it would be to pack everything and jump from places to places.”

“You can do that if you wish to.” Jungkook says softly and I glance at his way.

“Why did you choose this kind of life?” I ask all of a sudden as if I am interviewing him. He laughs at my curiosity.

“I like adventure, to feel the thrill every time. I am curious to see what this earth has to offer. I mean, in a way, it sound so lame to me, to stay at one place, study there, work there, have family at one place and one day, somehow you will die at that same place. Where is the fun?

“The fun part is where you will never know what you will do tomorrow. Life will be so boring if you will remain in one place and living your life with unwanted drama. Call us explorers or travellers or backpackers, we’re all the same.” I find myself getting lost in his answer again. He is right, what will be the fun if I will stay in same place and die in same place without discovering what world has in the box for me. I was right; this is so damn fascinating.

“And what if someday you will be tired?” I ask after a great moment of pause. He sighs before answering me.

“I know I will be tired one day.” he admits and the car stops in red light where he looks right at me. “It is my mission to find a place which will be as calm as the country side, as convenient as if it is in the middle of the city and as beautiful as a landscaped scenery. The day when I will be tired of always being on the move, I will go that place and settle myself with a woman I will love until I will have enough of it.” Jungkook stares at me in the eye and all I see the fascination behind his answer. He meant every single word he said; I can say that. And honestly, I feel jealous of his way of thinking.

“Enough of the place or the woman?” I ask after looking at each other for a bit longer than necessary. My question is of sarcasm, but looks like Jungkook is off guarded with it. His eyes widen and lips part as he rethinks about what I asked. I laugh at him. “Looks like you are still unaware of what exactly you want in your life.” He sighs but doesn’t reply me back as he steps on the gas pedal. “Do you wanna come in for a cup of coffee?” I ask politely and I am hoping that he would refuse.

“You said you don’t invite strangers home.” He snorts, and before I could take back my words, he speaks. “Anyway, I could use some caffeine I guess.”

By now Sara has already left for home and so do my housekeeper. Either Lillian would be sleeping or she would be watching something on her computer late in the night. I guide Jungkook inside the living room and he follows me in the kitchen. He comments how cozy and comfortable the interior is and I just smile at him.