13 Silence

I huff out loudly as I put the keys in ignition. “You owe me one for making me do this.” I frown at him and pull car on road.

“I don’t owe you anything, we’re even.” He says rummaging through his phone. “Anyway, I have a question.” He says and I keep my eyes locked on the road.

“Shoot.”

“Why won’t you let me fight you?” I take in a deep breath hearing his question.

“Why do you keep asking me question about it?” I ask scrunching my nose a bit.

“‘Cause I am curious.”

“You cannot win against me.” I answer plainly.

“I don’t think so.” He chuckles. I give him one glance and see him smirking. “Or are you scared that your reputation will go down if I win?” He tilts his head slightly still smirking at me. I never thought it that way, what will happen if someone will ever win against me because none has ever won against me; not even Jackson was capable of putting me down.

“Do you think that you can look down on me because I am a woman?” I arc one brown and he chuckles. The light turns green and I focus my eyes back on the road.

“I never looked down on you because I know you are not just a wild cat.” I need to laugh at his words along with him. “You are a fucking beast and I can never underestimate you.”

“If you know it then why you are so keen on challenging me?” I ask and I finally see myself driving in his neighbourhood.

“I am not challenging you.” He says in a flat tone. “I told you I am just crazy.”

“I am not a fighter Jungkook,” I say cutting the engine of right in front of his house, “I don’t fight.” I turn to face him. “Those who step inside the ring with me are the one who challenges me. They don’t bet money, they bet their lives. Those who challenge me to take over the arena step inside the cage with me.”

“Do you wanna stick up to the life inside those tunnels?” He asks furrowing his brows.

“That doesn’t means I need to fight you.” He is making me angry now. “Just stop dwelling on this topic Jungkook. I am not fighting against you.”

“You fought against Jackson yet he is your friend, and that Luca guy who I defeated has also fought against you. Then what is it that’s stopping you from fighting me? Or are you actually scared of losing your reputation because you know you can never win against me.” He argues back.

“You can never win against me.” I say with clenched teeth and eyes closed. He is testing my patience.

“Then prove me.” I chuckle and open my eyes to look at him.

“I don’t have any reason to prove you anything.” Jungkook sighs and I roll my eyes.

“Look, I am sorry.” He mumbles. “I guess I went too far.” He is genuinely apologizing and it is making me melt. Oh no, this can’t happen. “I am sorry if I offended you.” I chuckle at him.

“You are weird.” I say giving him a nasty look.

“I get that a lot too.” He laughs. This guy has the nerves to provoke me a second and make me laugh the another. “See you tomorrow doll.” He winks and opens the door.

“Ugh, Jungkook stop calling me that.” I whine frowning at him and he laughs.

“I like calling you that. Anyway, thanks for the ride.” I roll my eyes and drive away. Why am I smiling?

After eating the food that I grabbed from restaurant, I tuck Lillian on bed and head straight downstairs to my study. I need to check the autopsy report of Roger once again. I have been staring at the piece of paper since an hour but nothing actually makes sense.