36 Guilt

A request, please do read the A/N at the end.

"Lilly?" I call out and walk towards the kitchen to find dirty dishes in the sink. I'll clean it after taking a quick shower. Good that she had dinner. "Baby are you sleeping?" I ask knocking on the door. She doesn't replies back so I open the door. The lights are on and the room is neat. "Li-" walking inside, my heart drops to stomach as the blood drains from my chest. "Oh my god, Lilly!" I dash towards her lying form and shake her. She is unconscious. "Lilly wake up!" I freeze on my spot as soon as a trail of blood travels down from her nose.

My chest tightens and eyes fill with tears. No, I can't just simply sit here and cry. I need to be responsible. I need to take her to the hospital.

"Hnag in there baby." I whisper kissing her cheek and manage to bring her down despite of pain I am feeling right now. The guard helps me lay her in the backseat. I step on the gas pedal and call the only person that comes in my mind at the moment.

My head is traveling in different directions all at once. It's like, I am having this ball of fire inside my heart which is now bursting open and burning me alive on the inside. My hands tremble, but I stop them from doing so by clutching the steering wheel extra tight. My heart is pumping fast, too fast and I am not liking it a bit. The sound of it rings in my ears and I am feeling weak. I can't be weak, I need to be strong. I need to be responsible for the only sane part of my life- Lilly.

The ringing of caller ID echoes inside the pin drop silent car and I gasp in surprise when the ringing stops and the lazy yet mesmerizing voice greets me from the other line.

"I thought you won't call me since you took so long." He chuckles from the other line.

"Jungkook?" It's as if, hearing his voice is only enough for me to become vulnerable and crumble into a ball, my voice quivers.

"Eli?" He calls my name in a worried tone after hearing me. "What's wrong baby?" My heart shatters even more. It's like the word 'baby' is truly effective. I feel so small after talking to him, as if, I don't need to worry about anything because I am small and Jungkook is there to take care of everything, that he is the one responsible not only for me, but for everything happening in my life including Lillian. And I hate it, I hate it how much affect he has on me and my life and I love it the same time. I love his presence and his say in my life. It truly makes me feel that I finally have someone in my life who is willing to look out for me and my sister.

"It's Lilly." I say and look back at her lifeless body. "When I reached home I found her on the floor, unconscious." The fear is evident in my voice. I am shattering with every passing of time.

"Where are you now?" I hear some shuffling through the phone.

"I'm heading to the hospital."

"I'm on my way baby. Wait for me." The line goes dead and I sigh.

I stand outside in the hallway since the doctor is checking up on Lillian inside the ward. I continuously pray to God that nothing serious should happen to her. I hold my tears back as I know I need to be strong now. I need to be strong for her and all she gotta do is hang in there. I stand straight from my leaning position as the doctor comes out of the room and sighs.

"Miss Markel." He greets and my heart pounds beneath my chest wildly. I am not nervous, I am freaking out.

"Is she okay?" He sends me a nod to my relief but it was just for a moment.

"For now yes. But I can't say what will happen next." My eyes blur. "Her body has lost the tendency to make blood cells. And because her blood group is a rare one, we have only few stock in the blood bank. We need to perform a minor surgery, but we cannot proceed further if she won't have sufficient blood in her system." That's true she has rare blood group; AB negative just like our dad's. "I am going to spread out the word to get a doner or two but if we won't find it before the next twelve hours, I am sorry I fear it's gotta be the bad news." He gives me a solemn look. "I suggest you pray to God for some help." He pats my shoulder and walks away.