Chapter 6

I wiped down the counter after a drunk spilled his drink. The night was slow and I still felt like shit from earlier. I understand why Ponyboy didn't come outside to check on me. Family is more important to him, but it still kind of hurt.

"Beer, doll," I heard a guy say. I put my rag down and turned around to open the fridge. "Actually, make that two." He said again.

I put two beers in my hand and poured them into glasses. "Here you go," I smiled politely and went to refill a guy's drink who had been sitting at the counter for a while.

"Here ya go, Dally," the one guy from moments earlier said.

I turned around and Dally was taking the second beer from the guy. I swallowed a lump in my throat and walked to the opposite end of the bar. I refilled more drinks and began dreading having to refill Dally and his friend's drink.

"Aye, sweetheart," Dally's friend catcalled me over. I threw the rag over my shoulder and walked to them. "You been working here long?"

I nodded my head, "a couple weeks."

The teen smiled at me. He had dark blonde ringlets hanging down into his eyes. "My friend Dally here-"

"She knows who I am, Curly." Dally snapped. "Stop flirting with her, she's dating Ponyboy."

"Our Ponyboy? No way. He doesn't have the game."

"We caught them making out in her Mustang earlier," Dally wasn't even looking at me.

The curly haired boy laughed loudly, "That's her mustang? I just thought you jacked another Socs car."

"Me and Ponyboy aren't dating." I muttered between their conversation about me.

"She lives upstairs but mommy and daddy still pay her bills." Dally glared at me. "I don't know what Ponyboy sees."

"I know what he sees." Dally's friend smirked. "He may be stupid, but he's not blind."

Dally stood up, "enough, Curly. Let's go."

Curly looked at Dally for a moment, "you go ahead. I gotta show Curtis' girl a better time."

I felt uncomfortable so I walked away. When I turned back, Dally had Curly by the collar and they were walking away. How did I get myself mixed up in this? While I don't consider myself a Soc, I don't see myself as a greaser either. I've seen the greaser girls come in and out of this place. I could never put that much makeup on.

-

At the end of my shift, I went upstairs and fell right to sleep. It wasn't until the middle of the night that I woke up to a pounding knock on my door. I jumped to my feet and opened the door. I was shocked to see Dally swaying in my doorway.

"What do you need?" I yawned.

Dally leaned against the doorframe and smirked, "my girl dumped me," he reached out and ran his fingertips on my arm, "and as much as I don't like you, I like the look of you."

I crossed my arms and held the door so he wouldn't be able to walk in, "I really like Ponyboy."

"Come on," he easily pushed the door with his foot. He smiled down at me and I quickly saw the same attraction I noticed the first time I saw him. "He barely has a brain. He won't even know."

"You can come in, but stay off of my bed." I caved in. I should have known. Dally just walked in and plopped down on my bed. I rolled my eyes and sat in a chair. "I thought you didn't know what Ponyboy seen in me."

"I was just sayin' that so Curly would leave you alone," he slurred his words, "Curly and Pony were friends as kids, but when Pony moved up some grades and Curly went to Juvie, things changed."

"So what are you doing here, Dally?"

He sat up and looked at me for a long moment, "I just told you. My girlfriend broke up with me."

"You're drunk, Dally."

He sat at the edge of my bed and took his shirt off, then his shoes. I stared at him for a moment until I snapped my head away and stared at my hands. Dally laid back down. That man has a body on him, let me tell you that. I had an urge to climb on top of him, so I did. I got up and moved to my bed, sat at the edge and looked at him for a moment. His eyes were closed but he held a smirk on his face. I was still in my clothes from earlier in the day since I fell asleep in them.

I placed my hand on Dally's leg and he moved his limp hand to my thigh. I know what Dally is doing here. While I do like Ponyboy, Dally is eye candy. I moved onto Dally so I was sitting on his lap, straddling his waist. Dally sat up the slightest bit and pushed my skirt up. He was drunk, but knew what he was doing as if he were sober. I couldn't imagine doing this with Ponyboy at the stage we're at in our "relationship", but somehow I felt it okay to do it with Dally even though he hates me.

"We can't tell Ponyboy," I muttered as Dally climbed on top of me. His lips crashed against mine and he nodded in agreement.

-

My eyes fluttered open and it took me a moment to remember last night. I looked over and Dally was still asleep next to me. I grabbed a change of clothes and jumped in the shower. When I got out Dally was still asleep.

"Dally," I yawned and shoved his shoulder. "Dal." I said louder.

He opened his eyes and groaned, "you've got to be kidding me." He sat up and rubbed his hands over his face. "We never speak of last night, Mona."

"You still hate me?" I rubbed my hair with a towel.

"I'll ease up," he chuckled and walked over to me. He put his hand under my chin and kissed my lips, "you break Ponyboy, and I'll kill you."

"For as much as he thinks you don't like him either, you sure are protective," I teased.

He huffed, "they're my buddies. We ain't got anything else to watch over except each other." He winked at me then left my room. I sighed and tore the dirty sheets off my bed.