Chapter 32

I sat in my room with a headache. Nothing is going right. I think Dally's mom hates me, my brother is trying to get me to move home now and my mom is still unsure about my relationship with Dally despite her good feelings towards him.

It's been about two weeks since we got home from the hospital. Dally's been over just once and my brother comes over daily to try to persuade me into coming home. Right now it's not looking like a bad idea. Dally is so engulfed in keeping his mom happy it's like we're strangers. We passed each other on the stairs the other day and he avoided eye contact.

I miss him. He's finally my boyfriend but are we really together? Not at this point. I miss kissing him and coming home to him sprawled out asleep on my bed. I don't miss our arguments but I miss our deep talks we'd end up with through our arguments.

There was a knock at my door so I groaned and got up. When I opened it, I seen Ponyboy and my brother. I sighed and opened my door for them to come in.

"What?" I grumbled.

Ponyboy chuckled, "we came to check on you."

"I'm fine," I laid down. "I got a headache that's all."

"Yeah?" Meyer sat next to me on my bed, "need something?"

I shook my head, "Dally." I muttered.

My brother sighed, "whatever."

I closed my eyes and rolled over, "get out please."

"We want you to come hang out with us, Mona," Ponyboy chuckled.

I pulled my blanket over me, "get out!" I shouted at them.

I felt Meyer get up from my bed then my door open and close. I sighed again and opened my eyes. I stared at the wall for a while. I heard the door open so I rolled my eyes and groaned.

"I don't want to hang out," I whined.

I felt the bed sink then the blanket was pulled off me. I felt arms wrap around me and them lay down against me so I gasped and rolled over. It was Dally. He smiled softly at me and pulled me close to him, his arm around my waist. I smiled and nestled into his chest with my eyes closed.

"I've missed you," he muttered.

I pulled the blanket over us and sighed happily, "me too."

He kissed my head, "my mom has just been keeping me with her basically at all times." He put his hand on my leg and rubbed my thigh. "Pony just convinced her to let me come over. He said you were sad."

I didn't say anything. Instead I dozed off.

-

I woke up to a knock at my door. Dally was still asleep so I didn't want to move. I decided to not answer it and after a minute the knocking stopped. I closed my eyes but right when I let out a sigh, the knocking began again. I grumbled and rolled out of bed careful not to wake Dally.

I opened the door and it was Sylvia. I gasped and closed the door behind me, stepping into the hallway. She held out her hand. I opened my palm and she laid the necklace in my hand. I gasped again and slowly looked at her.

"Someone convinced me to give this back," she muttered.

I smiled a little and held the necklace tightly, "who?"

She looked away from me them flashed me a grin. I sighed knowing something was up. I shook my head and went back in my room. I went over to my bed and slowly got back in next to Dally. I put my hand on his cheek and kissed his lips gently. I saw his eyes flutter and a smile came to his lips. He kissed me back and pulled my waist closer.