Hey there..Before I start this chapter, I just want to give a shout out to bedwalk for being the first and most active reader of this book. Love you b!! Y'all should follow her and check her books out too!!     

                                      ~Giwa~

Monday - The day we resume school. The day I get to start off as an Ss3 student of Castron High.

Today.

As early as 6:25 am, I was already set and ready, sitting in the back seat of my mum's BMW, with my little sister, Nini, at the back seat, and Bolanke at the driver's seat. We were waiting for my mum to come in so we could be on our way to School.

While I leaned on the car window, Nini sat upright next to me, in her new School uniform, smiling vibrantly. Today was going to be her first day in Castron High and while I was about to enter my last year, Ss3, Nini was about to just start Secondary School as a Jss1 student.

Usually, when she was still in primary school, My mum used to drive her to school everyday, while Bolanke drove me to School in my own car. But today, being having it was her first day in Secondary School, Mum wanted to be with her, so she insisted we'd go to school in her car. And I was silently praying, she doesn't do this every other day because of Nina.

"Giwa," Nina chirped with her tiny voice.

I turned to her to see her smiling with all teeth open and her braids fiddling between her fingers. I noticed her braids lying past her shoulders, and I frowned.

That was one, against the very many school rules and regulation concerning hair. That is, keeping excessively long hair.

Ofcourse, the school was  aware that some girls had really long hair and were prone to not be able to follow the "no braids beyond shoulders" rule and those ones were advised to always pack their braids in a bun to school. I didn't see the sense in such a rule. Why the length of a girl's hair should even matter. But oh well.

In Castron High, we were allowed to use hair attachments, provided it was moderate. Colors weren't allowed. Neither were weaves, wigs or artificial hair extensions. As a girl, you had to either make decent black braids, weave your natural hair, or go on low cut. I'm guessing Nini saw how long my black braids were and decided to follow in my footsteps.

That brings me to another fact with Castron High; Rules and regulations were almost null and void for Ss3 students. (Finals)

Now don't get me wrong, the School doesn't permit Ss3s to break the rules, but the teachers just don't bother them much if they do -unless they do something that can't be overlooked. The School Authority was fair towards everyone, but they vested so much power in the Prefects that most of the time, they didn't bother coming to scrutinize the students themselves and let the Prefects to that instead.

The members that made up the School Authority stayed in The School's Disciplinary Building and didn't ever come out to the main school blocks, unless they were serious issues. Only the Principal came out sometimes, especially during the morning Assemblies but he was too much of a guy man. He nontheless favoured Ss3's as well. So we were covered - as far as we don't get caught by the School Authorities.

"Giwa, what was your first day like?" Nini asked anxiously.

"First of all, Nini.." I started. "Do you have a hair ruffle with you?'

"Umm No.." she answered.

I reached out to my small back pack, got one out and gave it to her.

"Wrap your hair in a bun." I said.