~GIWA~

It took a while for me to get to my block. Another long and frustrating walk it took, by the way. As I got in, I noticed the hallway was full and noisy. As usual.  Apparently, Ss3 students weren't taking first period very seriously. They were all hanging around in little groups, segregated in differenciated cliques, all of them, talking and laughing. Some of them, even boldly holding their phones in their hands, even when they were very much aware that phones were not allowed in school. But they knew that no teacher was going to turn them in. I didn't know if the teachers were scared of Ss3s' or just liked to kiss up. Not even a single one of them even tried chasing the students to class. Only Mr. Charles Bassey, a Senior School physics teacher, usually did that, and Ss3s' wouldn't object - not because they were afraid of him, but because everybody genuinely loved him. There's always that one teacher, yeah?

As I walked down the hallway, I almost got knocked down to the ground by Miranda Archibong, who was running from something behind her and laughing. She had a boy's school tie in her hand and kept looking back like she was watching out for something. When she realized she had hit me, she started to laugh and went all, "oh my God, Giwa Love. I'm so sorry baby". I hissed and walked past her with a scowl on my face. That girl thought she was my friend for some reason. Little did she know that I hear all the shit she says about me behind my back.

In front, I saw Nnaemeka, another classmate of mine, who was just stepping out of a classroom, looking frustrated and slightly annoyed, calling after Miranda.

"Nana!" She called out to him, running, laughing and playfully sticking out her tongue to the poor boy.

I figured he was the one she was running away from, and that the tie she was holding probably belonged to him. Typical of Miranda to be playing games with people that only she, enjoyed.

I rolled my eyes and kept on walking. Unfortunately, my class, ss3 A, was at the end of the hallway. That, I never fully understood why.

"Giwa!" I heard a familiar high pitched voice call. I already knew that was Hassana's voice.

And there she was, standing by Ss3D, with Prissy by her right. They were smiling at me, both of them. However, Hassana's smile was a lot more extra and exxagerated. As usual. The girl was even waving vigorously at me, looking like she would burst from excitement with each step I took. I just laughed under my breath.

As soon as I got to them, the both of them squeezed me in a tight hug. I almost couldn't breathe as they made it a mission to break my dear bones.

"Where have you been??? I missed you so so so so much!!!" Hassana whined, pouted as a little child, as soon as they let me go.

"In school?" I laughed at the silly question.

My girls looked georgeous as always.

Hassana had on red long braids, that was packed up in a ponytail and very light make up. Her fair skin popped with that early morning glow. Although, she wasn't wearing the school's white shirt. But the white shirt she had on was a bit similar, just a bit more stylish and it hugged her shape appealingly. Her skirt was overly short too, as usual. Proudly hanging there well above her knees, but that was her style I guess.

Prissy had on the correct uniform though. Her low-cut was permed and greasy. She had no make up on, just colorless gloss on her lips, but her skin still glowed beautifully nontheless.

"Giwa, you won't believe what I saw!" Prissy started with her usual early morning gist.

She looked around like someone was watching her and conspiringly gestured for us to vome together. Hassana, on the other hand just shook her head, and laughed at something. Something I couldn't quite pick up. I didn't know what was so funny.