The Strongest Emotion

Earlier that day, before the phone call

Scorpio packed all her notebooks into her backpack and was getting ready to leave the library until there was a tap on her shoulder. She swiftly turned around, slightly startled but was relieved to see it was just Aries.

"Oh hey, what's up?" Scorpio asked while putting on her backpack.

"Nothing, I'm just here to pick you up."

"I texted Aquarius earlier to see if he'd respond but it seems that he's still unable to answer." Scorpio didn't want any secrets between them so she told Aries.

"Why would you try and text him in the firer place? Isn't he like unconscious half the time? Of course he won't answer." Aries said.

"But I texted Gemini too and he said that's Aquarius is getting released today. He also told me that Aquarius' phone isn't in the best condition." Scorpio began walking out the library, Aries quickly following her.

"Aquarius is safe now, you don't have to worry." Aries reassured.

Scorpio looked at Aries with a concerned look.

"I guess..." She shrugged.

"Anyways, you haven't been singing lately so you wanna karaoke?"

"No...I'm not in the mood. Let's just grab some coffee." She sighed and walked towards the nearest café.

Once they ordered their drinks they took a seat at a table near the windows. Scorpio chose this seat on purpose because she didn't want to deal with Aries' flirting at the moment. She sipped at her coffee that had exactly three cream and three sugar, savoring the bitter taste.

Aries went for a sweeter drink and also seemed to be enjoying it. Aries looked at Scorpio, sensing her uncertainty and stress about something.

"Is something bothering you?" Aries looked into her eyes, searching for an answer.

"No, nothing is bothering me."

"C'mon I know when something is bothering you." Aries extended her hand to brush away a loose strand of hair but Scorpio leaned back into her chair to avoid the motion.

Aries looked at her, slightly hurt by her rejection but didn't take it to heart.

"You can tell me anything." She whispered.

Scorpio saw her look of genuine concern and once again felt warm inside.

"Ok...well I think whoever attacked-." She was cut off by Aries' phone ringing loudly.

"Shit, I'm so sorry. Hold that thought." She looked at the caller ID and rolled her eyes.

"Someone important?" Scorpio asked.

"It's Capricorn. If I don't answer now she'll keep interrupting me." Aries sighed and picked up the phone, moving towards where the bathrooms were and disappeared.

Scorpio clutched the warm cup, feeling uneasy about something. Her body was unusually tense as she thought about what Aries really meant by those flowers. It was likely someone like her didn't care about the meaning behind flowers and simple just picked them randomly, or she just wanted to leave the store before her allergy acted up. She also thought about all the messages Aries' was receiving at odd times of the day. She even considered that Aries was cheating on her, had another girl somewhere else.

All this thinking tired out Scorpio and she realized that she finished her coffee. She walked towards the trash cans to throw it away and looked down the small hallway that led to the bathrooms. She bit her lip and decided follow Aries. She walked slowly, making sure her footsteps were light and barely noticeable.