Hot Mess

[Play music at indicated part]

Sagittarius sat by the kitchen window, her knees curled up to her chest and a cup of coffee in her hands. For some reason she had trouble sleeping last night even when she was clearly exhausted from the drive. She had woken up in the afternoon after trying to catch up on sleep in the morning.

The others went out early to go check out the area and question locals so she was alone in the house. She stared at the ring on her finger and slid it off, playing with it for some time before putting it back on. She finally realized that this ring bound her to someone she wasn't right for.

"God, what am I doing?" She put her chin on her knees and sighed. She wanted a sign that would give her an answer as to what to do. She thought about Pisces for a minutes, thinking that she might've been too harsh on him. She wasn't going to lie to herself, she liked him. However, now she wasn't sure if she felt that way anymore after she remembered her lost past. After she finished her cup of coffee she decided to stop moping around and get some work done.

She took a quick shower and threw on a casual shirt and ripped jeans, something she didn't wear often. Just to beat the slightly cold weather she paired a brown jacket to complete her look.

The first place she went to was the police department in order to take a look at any records

"Hi, how may I help you?" An officer with a kind smile greeted her.

"I just wanted to ask if there were any deaths in the last year?"

"Oh are you new around here?"

"Yes, I'm just visiting."

"That's explains it."

Sagittarius raised a curious eyebrow, wanting him to explain further.

"Ah, you see it's quite normal for people to go missing or show up dead around here." He looked disappointed in himself.

"Do you have any clue why?"

"With all due respect, if we knew it wouldn't be happening so often, would it?"

"Do you mind if I take a look at some records of the deaths?"

"Why would you want them?"

"I think I may be able to help."

The officer's eyes lit up and told her to follow her to the back.

"It's been getting really depressing around here lately. All the cases we get are mostly dead people so people have lost motivation to do anything." He said while browsing through a shelf of files.