46 The Diamond Ring

Part46 

The hall which was being filled with HIGH – CLASS people went pin-drop silent as the shooter was none other than Arvind Malik. Even Arnav was shocked to the root. He was standing like a statue as this is an unexpected and shocking twist. Khushi hugged him tightly, in the same instance in the fear.

The game which Arvind started got ended by Arvind himself. Asha was lying on the floor with open eyes, spreading her blood all over the floor. Arvind dropped the gun from his hands. His face looked clear cut. No repentance or remorse on his face. It seems, he came to the hall with the perfect decision. Asha won't be quite if she gets arrested. She will do something again and again then what's the use of her handing over to the police? What Arvind guessed is right. She will definitely find a way to do something.

Arvind's friend Mr. Sukla approached Arvind.

Sukla: What have you done, Arvind? If I would have known about this then I had not told you about Asha's stay in this Hotel.

Yes, Sukla was the one who told Arvind that Asha is staying in the same hotel. Sukla just came to Delhi, that day morning. He saw her going inside the hall with the workers who had been assigned to decorate the hall. Actually, he thought that Asha is looking after the reception arrangements. So, he called Arvind and eulogized her generousness. That's when Arvind got to know about her whereabouts. It was not hard for Arvind to guess why she is in the same hotel.

Ignoring Sukla's words, Arvind started taking steps towards the stage... towards his son... this time Arnav didn't feel to stop him from approaching him. Khushi was looking at Arnav with nervousness. His face looked stony but his eyes were definitely on his father. Arvind stepped on the stage.

Arvind(with joining hands): I'm sorry, Chotte. Because of me, you lost your mother and suffered from getting separated from her for long. I couldn't let it happen again. You deserve happiness...a good boy like you deserves happiness. It's me who made your life miserable and it's my response to repair it. I think I have done that. Please forgive the sinner of your life if you can.

Tears rolled down from his eyes. Arnav gulped hard. After his mother's death, this is the first time; he didn't stop his father from talking to him.

Arvind hugged Arnav and burst out crying. Arnav could no longer stay not touching his father's back. As of now, Arvind seemed a protector in his eyes... he had saved his Khushi. Whatever Asha's intentions were but his father tore her chapter from his life book.

Arvind: I'm sorry Chotte... I'm sorry...

Tina looked sad, her eyes were pouring not for her mother's drastic end but for Arvind. She knew how repentant he is but she never expected that he is dying in repentance. This is the outcome. She had no different thoughts from Arvind, Asha won't be quiet if she gets a chance to live.

At the same time, they heard a loud noise from outside. Arnav and Aman spared a glance.

Arnav: Khushi, don't come outside. (looking at Uditha) Uditha... take care of Khushi.

Uditha nodded yes and dragged her to the nearby room. Preeto followed her whereas Tina followed Arnav.

They find a man was being stopped by the police.

Aman: What's happening here? Who is he?

Aman doesn't know who he is but we knew him. we had already seen him in this hotel before... with Asha... she gave him a diamond ring to finish Khushi. Yes, he is none other than Kishor.

Police: Sir, he tried to get into the hall but he has no invitation.

Aman: Who are you?

Kishor: I'm staying in this hotel only. I would like to visit the hall.

Aman: In which room you are staying?

Kishor: Room no 34 on the second floor.

Aman: Why are you here?

Kishor: I came here for my business deal.

Aman: If you are here for a business deal, what are you doing in someone's reception that to where you are not invited?

Kishor: I felt bored.

Aman: Inspector, check him.

A constable checked Kishor. They didn't find anything suspicious in his coat pocket but when he checked his pant pocket, his hand got stuck. He removed it out. No time, Arvind and Tina's eyes went wide. It was nothing but Asha's diamond ring.

Tina: This is my mother's ring.

Everyone looked at her shockingly.

Arvind: Yes, it's Asha's ring. I have submitted the copies of Asha's jewelry pics to the police. You can check it.

Police: So, he must be the one who had stolen the jewelry from your house.

Tina looked at Arvind. He blinked his eyes at her.

Arvind: Yes, sir. You are right. Arrest him.

Kishor: No... I didn't steal any jewelry. Asha madam gave me the ring.

Arvind: Lie... he is lying. Asha would not have given it to him without my knowledge. He is putting blame on her. She is a good wife.

Kishor: Really? If she is a good woman then why did she hire me to kill her step son's wife?

Arvind huffed in relief. Tears rolled down from Tina's eyes. She felt ashamed of herself for being Asha's daughter.

Aman: Take him, inspector.

Inspector nodded yes and handcuffed Kishor.

Ins: Sir, we have to take Mr. Arvind Malik for killing Asha.

Arnav gulped hard.

Arvind: I'm ready inspector.

Arnav looked at Aman and gestured him something.

Aman: One-minute inspector.

Saying, he rushed inside the hall and came with Khushi. Without thinking anything she tried to touch Arvind's feet to get blessings. For everyone's surprise, Arnav also tried to do the same but Arvind stopped them.

Arvind: I won't deserve such respect, Chotte. I'm a sinner. I'm so happy that I got a chance to stand in front of you. That's more than enough for me. Take care.

Tina hugged Arvind emotionally.

Before Arvind said anything,

Khushi: I will take care of her... babuji...

Arvind touched her head feeling relieved. He went with the police. Arnav closed his eyes and thought about Ratna who smiled with satisfaction, behind his closed eyes.

Aman: ASR... you take girls to RM. I will handle it here.

Arnav nodded yes. He got back to RM with Khushi, Tina, Uditha, and Preeto with a heavy heart.

Though Arnav didn't like Arvind today's happenings made him so vulnerable. Arvind's words were echoed in his mind. Those words did not seem fake. His repentance didn't stop with only words but ended up showing in action, putting his remaining life into prison.

To be continued...

Next Inkitt chapter

Forgiveness

With extremehesitation, Khushi entered their room where Arnav was sitting on the recliner,leaning on its backboard, closing his eyes. He opened his eyes, staying in thesame position. Seeing Khushi, he sat straight, spreading his hands. Without wastinga single minute, she rushed towards him. Arnav leaned on her chest, snaking herwaist. Khushi caressed his hair lovingly. He did nothing but stayed for long.Khushi let him get relaxed