55 Epilogue

Part55

After six years

Aarav was a Mumma's boy but absolutely a Dad's boy. Arnav and Aarav became a team as Khushi said. At the same time, Aarav never misses the chance to tease Arnav joining hands with Khushi.

Aarav came from school.

Aarav(shouting): Mom... where is Dad?

Khushi: It's just 4:30 pm. He will come only after five. Go and get fresh.

She said handing the teacup to Arvind.

Arvind: What's the matter Aarav? You are searching for your father?

Aarav: I will say that to Dad.

He rushed to his room.

Khushi: These two became a team...

Arvind: Thank God they became a team... or else you would have faced a tough time with your jealousy husband.

He said smilingly whereas Khushi chuckled.

Khushi: Aarav is close to him still, he gets jealous...

Arvind: That's what Arnav is.

He laughed.

At the same time, they saw Arnav entering. Arvind and Khushi glanced at each other like; they knew what he will ask for.

Arnav: Did Aarav come?

Khushi: Just now...

Arnav(shouting): Aaravvvv....

Arvind: You came so earlier...?

Arnav: Yeah... Aarav said Calligraphy competition results will come today...

At the same time they heard, Aarav shouting...

Aarav: Daaaaaaddddd.... I won first prize in Calligraphy...

He hopped on Arnav. Arnav rotated him happily, shouting...

Arnav: Congratulations...

He kept Aarav down and Aarav showed him the certificate.

Arnav: Weldon BIG GUY...

He dashed his fist with Aarav's. He removed two bar chocolates from his laptop bag.

Arnav: I knew you will surely win.

He gave the chocolates to Aarav.

Arnav: Thanks, Dad.

They saw Khushi standing, keeping her hands on her hip. Arnav looked at Aarav raising his brows.

Aarav: What happened Mom? Are not you happy?

Khushi: You are just asking me now? You came from school half an hour ago... without telling me the news to me; you waited for your Dad. Didn't even you feel like telling me about it?

Arnav asked him through gestures like "really?" Aarav nodded yes making face.

Khushi: And you... (Arnav flinched) I'm telling you what he did... still, you are confirming that from him?

Arnav: No... actually, I just can't believe that...

Khushi: Ohh really? Can't you believe it? Then ask your awesome son. (looking at Aarav) Tell him... your father will believe only your words.

She went to the room, leaving perplexed Arnav and Aarav. They looked at each other horribly. Arvind chuckled at them.

Arvind: I think you two are going to starve tonight.

He laughed.

Arnav: Why didn't you say it to mom?

Aarav: I myself wanted to tell you about it Dad. If I would have told mom first, she was the one who would have told you about it.

Arnav pressed his lips as Aarav was not wrong. Khushi would become over-excited and would shout about it when he entered home.

Arvind: Think about consoling my bahu instead of wasting time.

He said taking a newspaper in his arms. Arnav and Aarav ran towards the biggest task in front of them. They peeped into the room and saw Khushi blabbering something, walking here and there. Aarav gulped looking at Arnav. They stepped in slowly.

Khushi(looking at Aarav): Do you want something? Because I will come to your mind only if you need something. But, from today onwards, your father is going to fulfill all your needs. Ask your dad if you want anything.

She said frowning.

Aarav: Mom... he is the one who taught me to write beautifully. Because of him, I changed my writing style, Mom. Didn't you teach me to be thankful? That's why I wanted to tell you first. But I'm not intended to hurt you, mom.

He said clutching her hands.

Arnav: See... your son is following what you taught him. He just wanted to show how thankful he is. Am I right Aarav?

Aarav nodded yes.

Arnav: Aarav, don't forget one thing. I and your mother are the same. Our care for you is also the same...neither high nor low from another one. Ok?

He said, circling Khushi's shoulders. Aarav nodded yes.

Arnav: What about going out for dinner?

Aarav: Yeahhhh..... but, mom looks dull.

Arnav: Won't you say yes Khushi?

Aarav: Mom...smile, forgive me, please.

He pleaded, making face. Khushi nodded yes.

Aarav: Dad..... I'm forgiven.

He said happily.

Arnav: Go... ask grandpa to get ready.

Aarav: Okkk....thank you, mom. I love you.

He rushed downstairs happily.

Arnav: Are you really upset with Aarav?

Khushi: Why are you asking me like this? You are suspecting me a lot these days. You said NO to another child because I got heart plantation. But this one is taking only your side always.

Arnav: But. I'm always your side. Don't you know that?

Khushi pouted.

Arnav: Why?

Khushi: Yeah... you would be on my side after doing everything with him.

Arnav rolled his eyes.

Khushi: Don't forget no one could love you more than I do.

Arnav smiled at her. He always likes whenever Khushi fights for his love. This is what makes him happier than anything in this world.

Khushi: Your son will go behind his wife one day. It will be me who is going to be with you, loving you like mad, forever.

Arnav: Don't I know you? You don't need to say these to me because I know how deep your love is. Aarav is a small boy. He does things just like that. Please don't be upset with him.

Khushi: I won't take his actions seriously. See, how I became cool easily. It's only your action that can affect me... because you matter to me.

Arnav dragged her close to him and hugged.

Arnav: You know Khushi, I feel very special whenever you stand for me...it feels like your love is increasing day by day.

Khushi: Isn't it?

Arnav: Of course yes.

Khushi hugged him leaning on his chest.

Khushi faced a tough time with jealousy Arnav whenever Aarav showed the importance to her than Arnav. Arnav felt like he is alone. So, Khushi started doing little fights, creating a scene like, Aarav is giving him more important than her. Her trick made Arnav get close to Aarav. Khushi feels relieved if Arnav supports Aarav. This is how Khushi running her life smoothly... fighting with her son... making her husband proud... that he is worth fighting for.

END