47 Forgiveness

Part47 

With extreme hesitation, Khushi entered their room where Arnav was sitting on the recliner, leaning on its backboard, closing his eyes. He opened his eyes, staying in the same position. Seeing Khushi, he sat straight, spreading his hands. Without wasting a single minute, she rushed towards him. Arnav leaned on her chest, snaking her waist. Khushi caressed his hair lovingly. He did nothing but stayed for long. Khushi let him get relaxed.

She slowly started.

Khushi: Arnavji...

Arnav raised his head and looked at her.

Khushi: Arnavji, Tina has no one other than us.

Arnav sat straight.

Khushi: Her mother is a bad woman but she is not.

Arnav was looking at her like, "come to the point"

Khushi: We have to help her to finish her mother's final rituals, Arnavji.

Before Arnav said anything,

Khushi: Please don't say NO. It's necessary to perform final rituals, Arnavji. It doesn't matter how bad she was but she is no more now. Tina may not feel it necessary, now but she will definitely feel bad for not doing her duty as a daughter in the mere future.

Arnav was silent because Khushi had a point.

Arnav(sighed): Neither I won't take part in her funeral nor I see her face.

Khushi nodded ok.

Living Room

Tina was looking at the ceiling, without blinking. Khushi sat beside her.

Tina: I'm sorry for whatever my mother had done, Bhabi.

Khushi: You don't have to be sorry. You can do nothing with that. Don't be guilty of the mistake you never did.

Tina: because of her, we are all suffering. Ratnama lost her life, Bhai was left alone, she tried to kill you, and now, dad is behind the bars.

Khushi: It all past. We can't change it. instead of feeling sad about it, we have to think about what's next.

Tina: Next?

She asked with confusion.

Khushi: We should perform your mother's final ritual.

Tina: Bhabi, do you even think I will do that?

Khushi: You have to...

Tina: But why? she was an evil woman, Bhabi.

Khushi: But you are not... She might be a bad woman but she is dead. We can't show our dissatisfaction with her lifeless body. It's just a body. We should complete our duty. Being a good daughter, you have to complete it.

Tina: Do you think about Bhai? How does he feel?

She got bewildered, hearing Arnav from behind.

Arnav: I feel nothing about it. To complete your duty, you don't have to think about anything.

Tina went speechless. This is the first time; Arnav is directly talking to her about something.

Tina: I don't think it is necessary.... Bhai... I don't want to...

Arnav (cutting her): You may feel it's not necessary... now. What about the future? What if you feel bad for not performing it? Complete your duty because we won't get a chance to rectify our mistakes. And we don't want to see you doing that in the future.