12°

Listening to All for us by Labrinth and Zendaya as I wrote this chapter.

This Chapter was really the most difficult chapter to write so far. I'm really sick and a lot's been happening so writing this chapter was something else for me. I hope you guys like it still. Love you ❤️❤️

                                       ~Giwa~

Tuesdays and Thursdays were Sports days in Castron High, so the last two periods for the school was for P.E. That meant all students would be out on the fields for sporting activities. Unlike every other school day, we didn't get to wear our regular school uniforms. Instead, we were to wear our "sport" uniforms which were quite different. On days like these, students had to wear a white t-shirt and a grey coloured sports short. These, along side our regular school uniforms were provided by the school ofcourse.

By around 7:12am that morning, Nini and I were still at home. While I had no idea what she was doing, I sat on the reading desk in my room, my bag on the floor and my chemistry notebook placed infront of me on my desk as I was quickly going over my Chemistry assignment. I had gone through it about a hundred times already, but I decided to do so again one last time. I had perfect grades and I didn't want anything going wrong - especially since it was the first assignment we've had so far in Ss3. It was just the second week of School and Mr. Shola, our uptight Chemistry teacher, already filled us up with loads of assignments on Friday and all of them were due today, Tuesday Morning.

"Giwa.." I heard Nini's voice call.

I looked up from my Chemistry notebook to the door of my room where Nini stood there in her school sports uniform, and hanging her barbie school bag.

"Don't you think we should be going to school anytime soon? Bolanke is waiting in the car." She said.

"You can go. I'll meet up in a sec" I told her.

Nini nodded and left the room.

So you guys, this cute little girl completely suits the description of Nini in my head

So you guys, this cute little girl completely suits the description of Nini in my head. So yeah..she's our Nini☺️

It didn't take much longer for me to tidy up and soon I was hanging my bag over my back and climbing down the stairway outside my room to get downstairs, and into the car.

And Boy, we sure were late to School. By the time we got the road, it was already 7: 28 am and I was well aware we were very late. Nini looked uncomfortable and I knew why. Penalty for late comers started by 7:30 am because that was when the Prefects were supposed to have already finished sending all the students to the hall for the morning assembly.  The Hall for the assembly was literally the first building you'd see once you get into the school, so once you came in past 7:30, you'd have to be penalized. And it was two minutes to 7:30 and we were not even half way close to school yet.

"Giwa, are they going to punish me?" I heard Nini's voice asking softly as we were on our way. I turned to her and with one look, I could tell she was already scared and nervous, having that we'd be arriving school so late today.