CHAPTER 9

Chapter 9: Three hundred sixty degree

Rin's POV

Ako ang unang kumalas sa yakap namin. Mariin akong tumitig sa lalaking sa sandaling ito, malamlam ang mga matang nakatitig sa akin. 

I stare at him, deeply, "Sinisi ko rin dati ang mundo, pero habang tumagal, napaisip ako. World has never been cruel, people are. The only reason for ridding your rights to be with someone you want is people because of their adverse ambitions." Tiim bagang ngunit mahinahon kong asik. 

I can't help my fist from clenching.

Losing my beloved family is unbearable, lalo na't nasaksihan ng aking mata kung paano sila kinuha sa akin, that the scars marked on my eyes and went down to my heart. Always warning my mind that the day I witnessed the death of my family, will also be the day of my preparation to have my ruthless revenge. It was the day I started to forget that I am a woman. Woman that is always weak and frail. 

Women that, in this country, have no rights. 

No mouth to talk, no ears to hear, and no comfortable place to live.

Kinagat ko ang labi kasabay ng hinanakit. They filled my heart with anger and pain. I keep wanting for Justice that has no meaning in this place. I'm craving for justice, at alam kong ako lang ang makakagawa noon. 

Nevertheless, all I know now is that there's no place for love here in my heart. Literally haven't and will never have.

For I believed that the more people I care about, the more pain and damages I might receive. It's better to be alone, I stand with that belief.

I'm willing to help them, but that doesn't imply I care. All I was doing was valuing their worth. I'm doing this as a person who believes that if people in positions of power can't help them, I will take the responsibilities that they were unable to fulfill. At the very least, I did something that I hadn't done for my family before. 

Kasi that time, I was unable to help. 

If only I'd been given a chance.

Tinitigan ko ang matanda, with his lonely eyes. Seeing how he cries tears my heart apart. I can see myself in him. 

Maraming katanungan ang naglakbay sa aking isip. What if I grow older and I couldn't do something to find those bunch of conscienceless people? What if I'm unable to take their soul off their evil body?

I don't want someone crying and feeling regret. I don't want to see someone's death. Death is every human's fate. It's the only and first thing that is fated to a person since they're born before anything else in this world, but can we still call it fate if people themselves lead someone's death? No, it's not. It's atrocity. 

Only the death of those dark seeded persons was the death of victory and justice that'd satisfied me. Their lifeless cold bodies scattered with blood is the scenery I've only wanted to watch. They can't blame me. They made me be like this.

"Hindi ako nagkamaling sinundan ko kayo! Salamat talaga, mga anak! Salamat!" Mahihimigan ang pagkabasag sa tinig ng matanda. Inalalayan siya ni Kai para makaupo sa papag. 

Malungkot kong pinunasan ang luha sa mga mata ng matanda, "Wag na po kayong umiyak." 

"Yeah, tama siya, hindi po makakatulong ang pag-iyak! For now, calm," Sabat ng isa.

Ngumiti ang matanda sa akin, "Rin pala ang pangalan mo," naumi ako. Nilingon niya si Kai, "Ano naman ang iyong pangalan?" 

"Kaizer po," Taas noong saludo ni Kai. Hindi mawala ang ngiti. "Gwapo po for short,"