(3) WttVW: Break the Solemnity

"Now then, are we finished with the Entrance Ceremony?" The Prefect of Heartsabyul, Riddle Rosehearts, said as he walked in front of his group of freshmen. There was quite a lot that was sorted into the dorm this year, including an annoying-looking kid named Ace Trappola who escaped with a new Pomefiore student earlier but Riddle found him and dragged them back. "Listen up, new students," he said with a hand on his hip, looking at the new student sternly, "in Heartslabyul, I am the rules. Break them and it's off with your head. Keep that in mind."

Leona Kingscholar yawned loudly. "Finally, this stuffy ceremony is finally done." He looked over his bunch. "Let's get back to the dorm already. Savanaclaw, follow me."

"All new students! I would like to congratulate you on your enrollment here!" Azul Ashengrotto was smiling too much for Riddle's liking. Though, he managed to break the tension in his group. "I hope every one of you can live a fulfilling school life. As the Prefect of Octavinelle, I will support you to the best of my ability."

"Nevermind that, where did the headmaster go?" asked the ever-so-beautiful Vil Schoenheit. "He hadn't returned since the orientation before the ceremony..."

"He's abandoning duties..." Idia Shroud's voice rang through the floating blue tablet. As if you're not doing the same thing, Riddle thought bitterly. sometimes wondered whether he was serious or not with his duty as a prefect, even after he approached him first.

"Did he get a stomachache or something?" Kalim Al-Asim asked out loud.

*BANG!*

"Not at all!"

Every head, including Riddle's, turned toward the headmaster who walked into the room gracefully. That was when he noticed someone else with him. A small boy, maybe slightly shorter than him, who was trying his best not to stumble from his robe. One of Crowley's hands was on the boy's back, guiding him to the platform in front of the Dark Mirror, meanwhile, the other one is holding his whip. And...was that a cat tied in the end on the whip?

"Honestly. We were one student short, so I left to go find them," the headmaster explained. He then turned to the boy who was pulling his hood over his head, probably because feeling the pressure of everyone else still wearing their hood.

Maybe it was just Riddle's imagination, but he thought that Crowley's voice became softer when he was talking to the new student as if he was guiding a young child. "Now, you are the only one left who has yet to be sorted. I shall watch over the raccoon. All you need to do is to step onto the platform and let the Dark Mirror find where your suitable place."

The cat/raccoon was fuming between the bindings, but Riddle was more focused on the new student. He saw him clenching and unclenching his hand under the sleeve of the robe, body slightly rocking back and forth as if he was hesitating. Riddle frowned. What was he doing? He was wasting their time.

Finally, after taking a deep breath, the boy stepped onto the platform. Once again, the Dark Mirror burst into green flame, revealing the Slave in the Magic Mirror, a floating green face with black decoration around its eyes, appeared once more from the green flame.

"Reveal thy name," its voice echoed, silencing the Mirror Chamber once again. He saw the boy's head jerked up in surprise. It took him another full minute before he finally answers with a voice soft and filled with confusion.

"Jonah. Jonah Argentum...Sir."

"Jonah Argentum..." the Slave repeated. "The shape of thy soul..."

...

...

It squinted its eyes.

...

...