(69) B&G: Cover Your Eyes, Little Buddy, Beware!

The ghost/spirit/unidentified-being took the form of a beautiful young woman. She had long green hair with yellow on the tips and light blue eyes. Her 'dress' looked like a very thin bathrobe with laces. They could see her undergarment: white bra-top and white panties, both were fancy enough for a wedding. In addition, she wore a veil with white roses on her head, a yellow-and-pink pearl bracelet on her right wrist, a beautiful pearl necklace with a blue pendant, and a red collar with a cut-off chain attached to it.

Jonah's eyes widened, finally realizing something. Could this be that 'Unfortunate Sacrificial Flower' that Senior Vanrouge told them about?

The soul-spirit – Maryanne, Jonah remembered – looked around the room. "Golly gosh~ Everything looks so different now," she said. "Haah~ I remember this was an open place for flowers to grow. Oh, how much times had changed."

She then looked at the ground. "Well, well," she cooed, looking at the trembling children one by one. "What do we have here? Had you, young magicians, come do give your soul to me? Ah~ I remember those delicious screaming souls. Such despair~" The corner of her lips pulled up. "But, before I feast, I need to guess first."

She flew lower. "Which one of you is the 17 years old virgin who released me?" She tapped her chin and hummed. She glanced at Idia, who pulled Ortho closer.

She scrunched up her nose. "Blegh. You look too old."

Looking Ortho, she clicked her tongue. "Ugh. No pedophilia, please."

She turned around toward the next group and Jonah felt Azul's hand gripped him harder. Raising an eyebrow at Azul, the soul-spirit huffed, "Definitely not a virgin."

Azul let lout a noise, obviously offended, but she ignored him. She noticed Grim being hugged by Jonah. The cat was hissing at him. She visibly gagged. "Not interested in bestiality."

And finally, her eyes landed on Jonah. She hummed in satisfaction. "Yes... Yes. You must've been the one."

Jonah kinda wanted to smack his head. He didn't think this through. You think, after the whole overblot and losing his arm might make him more careful? Or maybe he just lost many brain cells in there.

She raised her hand and Jonah's body started to glow. All of a sudden, he felt himself floating as if someone pulled him. For a spirit, Maryanne's hand felt pretty solid when she held his chin. "Hmm... Such a cute face. A bright-eyed young man." Her thumb moved, caressing his lips. Her smile widened when he frowned and tried to pull back. "Oh, don't tell me you've never been kissed before, mister~"

Jonah didn't need to answer. Just from his scrunching brow, Maryanne had already known. "Ah~ I'm so lucky! Such a pure boy!" She tilted his chin upward and she brought her face closer. "It's unfortunate your first kiss would me you last, young man." She giggled. "Let's see how sweet your soul is going to be..."

She's going to eat his soul! Of all the things that could get him killed, why this? This is a stupid way to die! He really didn't think this through! Jonah tried to trash his head, avoiding the approaching pink lips. It was coming closer and he could feel his heart beating faster. He was pretty sure his vision slowly became blurry. Is he really losing his soul? Don't come closer. Don't come closer. Don't touch-

"FUGYAA!"

A ball of blue fire suddenly shot between their head, breaking the connection. The glow around Jonah's body suddenly stopped and, like before, he felt himself falling.

"AAAAAAAAAA!"

Azul moved quickly. He had no time to take out his magical pen. He ran toward the falling captain, catching him in his hand and toppled to the ground, both boys groaning in pain.