(7) WttVW: Warm-Hearted Principal

Crowley opened the rusty gate of the Ramshackle Dorm and closed it behind him. In his hand, he was carrying a small lunch box and a pair of pajamas in plastic, along with some simple bathing supplies which he bought from Sam's store. Ahh...helping a poor child who has nowhere else to go...how gracious he is~ When he was about to open the door when he heard a loud *boom!*, followed a blue spark from the first-floor window. "Oya?! What was that?" he muttered, immediately opening the door not bothering to knock, worried something happened to the boy.

What he saw was something he wasn't expecting.

The boy, already out of his ceremonial robe, stood in the middle of the lounge, his back facing him. The raccoon that caused havoc at the Entrance Ceremony was back, standing all-four on top of the boy's head, smoke coming out of his nostril and magic circle underneath his paws.

They were standing glancing at every corner. Crowley could make out a silhouette of three figures, surrounding them. Oh, come to think of it, there were some mischievous ghosts settled down and students stopped approaching the place, making it an abandoned dorm. It must've slipped his mind.

One of the ghosts suddenly appeared, a freshman dressed in a wizard outfit appeared on their left, laughing and flying straight toward them. Crowley was about to warn them, shouting for them to get out of the way, when suddenly Argentum shouted, "Grim, shot at 2 o'clock!"

Grim took a deep breath until his cheeks puffed, and shot fireball from his mouth with a "Funaa!" The ghost let out a scream and disappeared.

Argentum twisted his body a little but didn't saw the headmaster standing behind him. "Coming up at 7 o'clock!"

Grim, however, did. He jumped, turning around from his position to shoot a ghost in a devil costume hear Crowley's feet. The headmaster stepped away from the blast and screaming ghost. Grim shut his mouth noticing the new person in the room. His face became pale and his fur stood up. "Eek! You-"

"12 o'clock, double attack!" Argentum shouted, pointing straight to the hallway where two ghosts, the devil and skeleton flying toward them. Grim immediately turned around, ignoring the headmaster once again, shooting two fireballs at the approaching ghost repeatedly, and earning their screams.

The ghost didn't give up though. They began to fly in circles around them. Grim hissed in annoyance. He was already huffing and puffing. "They're still surrounding us!"

He could see Argentum moving his head slightly, looking at their situation. "They're coming at once," he muttered, before glancing up at Grim. "You still have some energy left for one more big attack?"

Grim huffed. "Don't underestimate me, puny human! The Great Me still have the strength to blow them away!"

Crowley heard Argentum chuckled. He then raised his hand, as if he was going to unleash the biggest spell he will conjure. "Grim, unleash your fire field!" he shouted.

"Fununununu..." A blue magic circle appeared beneath Grim's and Argentum's feet, expanding until it reached the ghost position. "Eat this!" The raccoon shouted as a pillar of blue flame burst out from the floor, hitting all the ghosts and one but not hurting the boy or himself.

Crowleysaw how the ghosts were flickering the pillar of flame stopped. All of themwere exhausted. "Hi, hii~! We're gonna get erased! Run~!" shouted one of theghosts, but Crowley didn't care who. When the ghosts disappeared, all of hisfocus went to the boy and the raccoon on top of his head. For a human, a non-magical being, to be able to make monsters to obeythem...it was a rare talent, even among the mosthigh-rank magicians. Especially for someone who didn'teven have proper training yet. For someone as curious andstrange as Argentum.