(48) TRotW: Territorial Attack!

"Yo, Prefects!" Ace raised his hand as a greeting when Riddle's team finally arrived at the Mall of Mirror. He didn't receive any response but the sight of Riddle's red face manage to shut him up.

"What happened?" asked Deuce with a slight concern.

Riddle huffed. "We've found The Leech twins. Those two have always been so difficult to grasp that I can't really understand them."

"Those two seem like they'll target you for revenge if you hurt them," Grim said as he flew from Jonah's shoulder. "I probably won't go after them."

Jonah just nodded. He then looked down, that was when Ace realized that they were actually holding hands. Whoa. Did their prefect already go that far?

"Senior Riddle," Jonah called, squeezing their hand a bit. "My hand?"

The squeezed managed to bring Riddle back from this silent thought during his small pouting. Looking down, he immediately pulled his hand back, whispering. "Sorry."

Jonah shook his head, smiling reassuringly. "It's alright."

Riddle's cheek was still red. To distract himself, he took out his phone, hissing when he turned it on. "I have to head back," he said. "Laws of the Queen of Hearts Number #346: One must not stay and play croquet in the gardens past 5 PM." He pocketed his phone back as he continued, "I'll return to the dorm for now. If I take my eyes off them, there will surely be people breaking the rules."

Grim raised an eyebrow at him. "I thought you'd gone soft, but you're still the same as always, yanno?"

Riddle turned his head toward the demon-cat. He opened his mouth, only to closed it again. He crossed his arms in front of his chest. "I-I think I'm being a little bit lenient on the rules lately, though..."

Cater chuckled. "Yup, yup~ He's been nicer lately~ But his seriousness is one of his charm points, too~" He patted Riddle on the top of his head, earning a pout from the boy.

Jonah chuckled. "Don't worry about this, Senior Riddle," he said. "We'll take care of this."

Riddle glanced at him before giving him a nod. He almost seemed upset but didn't say anything more. With a nod and a small "hmm", he jumped through the Heartslabyul mirror.

Ace walked toward Jonah, whispering. "What happened earlier?"

Jonah gave him a sheepish laugh, scratching the back of his head. "We had a bit of a problem with the Leech twins."

Grim huffed, crossing his paws in front of his chest. "'A bit of a problem', my ass," he grumbled. "That eel boy gave me the creep. He's too touchy..."

Ace blinked at this. "Touchy..." His eyes immediately widened. He grabbed Jonah by the shoulder. "You're alright, right? He didn't touch you anywhere lewd right?"

Jonah just stared at him confusedly. "Wha-No! He just carried me, that's all."

"Carried you?"

"Uh-huh. Bridal style."

"BRIDAL STYLE?!"

Deuce punched the wall beside him. It didn't surprise Ace but Jonah did. "How dare he..." Deuce growled, but his anger immediately disappeared as fast as it came. He rested his forehead on his clenched fist on the wall, a rain cloud hovering above him. "We failed to protect our captain..."

Jonah just looked at them back-to-back confusedly. "Guys, it's alright. I'm fine."

"Nothing is fine..." Ace grumbled. "It'll never be fine..."