(4) WttVW: Cruel Answer

"[Are you ready for your sentence? The verdict will come afterward. Prepare yourself.]"

Riddle stepped forward, a magic circle appeared beneath his shoes and the tip of his magical pen. His brows frowned, there was a dangerous glint in his grey eyes. He waved his magical pen, a red pixie-dust-like light appeared following the movement of the pen's crystal. He aimed his pen at the demon-cat, shouting his spell with a commanding aura, "[OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!]"

The magic circle from his pen shot out toward the cat who was screaming in panic. The magic circle circled the cat's neck, until with a spark of white light, a red-and-white collar appeared.

"Fuggyaaahh!" The cat yelled as it fell to his butt. The flame on its ears stopped lightening. It looked at its neck, tapping the collar. "What is this!?"

"Laws of the Queen of Hearts Number #23: One shall never bring a cat into a festival," Riddle said as he walked toward the cat whose blue eyes widened and pressed its back to the wall behind it. He stood towering over the trembling little guy. "As you are a cat, trespassing here is a serious rule violation." He picked up the cat by the collar, glaring at him and Azul could see its fur stood up. "We will have you leave immediately."

"I- I'm not a cat!" The cat stuttered. It was swinging its paws, trying to hit Riddle on the face, but the redhead held it far enough to avoid the attacks.

The cat hissed at Riddle. "I'll have this collar-" It raised its paws, expecting for the Heartslabyul Prefect to be burnt to crisp. But not a single spark appeared.

"Wh-what? My fire won't work!" the cat cried, staring at its paws in disbelieve.

"What just happened?" the freshman asked, looking up at Azul.

Azul offered him a smile. "It's Riddle's unique magic," he said. When the freshman tilted his head slightly to the side (which Azul found rather endearing), he continued, "His power can seal any other kind of magic away."

The freshman's mouth formed an "Oh..." he nodded his head. Looking back at Riddle, who was having a banter with the cat, he let out a sigh. It was always a spectacular show, watching how other skilled magician unleashing their unique magic. Riddle's magic is one of the kind and very useful. Dear...if only he can have it...and by that, he didn't mean to be used on him.

Riddle turned around, walking toward him with the cat still in his hand. Azul stepped aside for a bit so Riddle could stand face-to-face with the freshman. "Isn't this your familiar?" he asked, raising the cat. "Aren't you going to do something about it?"

The freshman raised an eyebrow at him then shook his head. "It's not mine," he said, "I've never seen him in my life. That raccoon was the one who opened my coffin before time and wanted to steal my robe."

"Oh, did he now?" Riddle commented, staring sternly at the cat who stopped itself from protesting further. "Well then, we must throw you out of this school now."

Azul walked up to him, offering his hands. "Let me hold on to that, Riddle."

Riddle gladly dropped the cat into his arms and Azul cradled it just like how Mr. Mozus Trein holds his cat, Lucius. "Gyahhh! Let me go!" the cat screamed.

But Azul just smiled, patting and stroking at the top of its head. "What a spirited little animal~"

The freshman let out a sigh as he rubbed his temple. "He's unbelievable," he muttered to which the cat hissed at him, but he ignored him completely, focusing on the two prefects. "Thank you for helping me," he said, rather sheepishly while rubbing the back of his neck.