(53) TRotW: Criminal Insight!

*BANG!*

"Ruggie Bucchi! We have come for you!"

Riddle just wanted to smack himself on the forehead at Grim's sudden shouting. Even Jonah let out a tired sigh, along with a nervous chuckle from Cater. This cat really doesn't understand any manner, does he? But this was no time to address about Grim's lack of subtlety. Scanning through the sea of confused students, he managed to found a boy with hyena ears who was running his hand down his face. He pushed Grim back and walked toward the boy until he stopped next to his table.

"Ruggie Bucchi," Riddle stated, hearing the rest of the gang following behind him. "There's something we would like to ask you. It's about the consecutive incidents regarding the injury of selected players."

Ruggie tilted his head to the side playfully. "Oh...? That doesn't sound like a friendly accusation."

"Won't you come with us for a bit~?" Cater said. Meanwhile, Jonah was glaring at Ruggie. The hyena-boy noticed this, in which he snickered.

"Alright, Alright. So please, don't hurt me or anything..."

Riddle nodded. "Shall we?" Ruggie grinned and stood up from his seat, purposely bumping to Riddle and Cater just for fun and games. Riddle frowned as he walked ahead, following Ruggie out and he started to think. He knew Ruggie wouldn't confess so easily and his unique magic could be a disadvantage for them. But if he could seal it with Off With Your Head first-

Riddle patted his pocket, but he felt nothing there. "Eh?" He looked at it in shock. "H-huh...? My magical pen's not here...!"

"Oh~?" Ruggie looked like he was about to burst because of the excitement. He turned around, revealing the two magical pens with red-colored gems in his hands. "Looking for these?"

"No way?" Cater exclaimed. He patted his pocket on his blazer and pants, finding nothing. "Really!?"

Ruggie snickered, tossing-catching the pens in his hand. "You guys are spoiled rich kids through and through, huh~? You're both so wide open! So vulnerable~"

"You sly pickpocket," Jonah muttered.

"I'll take that as a compliment," Bucchi smiled. He pocketed the Magical Pen in his blazer pocket and stepped back. "Welp. I'm gonna dash~!" Bucchi gave them a small wave while saying "Bye-bye~!" And then he took off.

"Senior Bucchi! Stop!" Before Riddle could stop him, Jonah had taken off along with Grim, chasing Bucchi down the hall. Dammit! That kid shouldn't be running by now. This isn't going according to the plan! Riddle could felt his usual anger rising again.

"Prefect!" Riddle and Cater turned toward the voice. Ace and Deuce suddenly appeared, running toward him. They had finished their job of feeding the flamingo apparently.

"We heard screaming," Ace said once he and Deuce stopped in front of their seniors. "What's going on?"

Riddle, with his face already fully red, turned toward the two first-years and shouted in front of their face in a commanding tone. "The culprit behind the consecutive accidents and the guy who stole our magical pens ran away! Jonah is chasing him right now! Go and capture Ruggie Bucchi right now!"

"Eh!?" Deuce eyes widened.

"The captain too?! Well, let's go, Deuce!" Without any further thought, Ace grabbed Deuce's hand and they started running down the hall. They were way faster than Riddle and Cater, so the red-haired prefect hoped they catch that thief or else!

-----//-----

"Hey, you! Stop!"

Ruggie skidded to a stop at the topmost stairs, looking back at the first-years that were chasing him.