(31) TCT: Take a Break and Get Away!

"So, you want some days off?"

Argentum nodded at the headmaster, taking a glance at the redhead who stood beside him. "It's more for Senior Rosehearts actually. I think it's better for him to be alone for a while. At least until he's ready to go back to Heartslabyul," he said. He glanced to the side where the other Heartslabyul students from the fight were standing. Grim was also there, hanging on Spade's shoulder. "I... I hope you don't mind."

Crowley glanced at the other boys. The first-years were looking at each other, visibly confused but worried at the same time. Clover was frowning, looking down at his shoes and hands clenched into fists. Diamond glanced to the other, knowing their distress, then he stepped up to speak, "I think it will be fine." The other students in the room turned toward him. "Give Riddle some space."

Rosehearts blinked at him. When Diamond smiled at him, he immediately looked down again. Crowley looked between the two boys in front of his desk. It was very unusual to see Rosehearts so small like this. Crowley sighed and leaned back against his chair. "Alright," he said. "I will inform the teachers about this."

Argentum smiled with gratitude. "Thank you, Headmaster."

Trappola pouted at him, folding his hands behind his head. "Hey. How come you're the one gets a vacation, while we have to go back to school?"

When Trappola's voice was heard, Rosehearts was seen turning his head to the side. Argentum gave him a small glance. He reached for the prefect's sleeve and pulled a bit, just to reassure him. He then turned to Trappola again, this time with a childish smile. "I'm the captain, aren't I?" he grinned at him. "Shipmates don't get to rest."

The ginger-head stuck out his tongue at him. "Oi, no fair!"

Spade covered his mouth, giggling behind his hand. Argentum then focused on Clover. He still looked worried. How could he not? The one who he cares about was standing there and he couldn't do anything yet. "It won't be long. Once Senior Rosehearts is back, we'll go back to class again," the younger boy said. "Aren't you all worry about him?"

Clover's sight was focused on Rosehearts, but the small child wouldn't look up to him. Finally, he sighed. "Is there anything we can do?"

Rosehearts' breath hitched and his eyes slightly widened, as if he wasn't expecting Clover to say that. Argentum pulled his sleeve again to calm him down. "Maybe you can borrow some notes from his classmates?" he continued. "The Ramshackle Dorm is pretty boring, he'll need something to take his mind off." He then turned to the first years. "And I'll be needing your notes too." When Grim and Trappola looked at him confusedly, Argentum frowned. "Wait, do even have notes?"

Both Trappola and Grim avoided Argentum's gaze. The one-eyed boy gave them a disappointed look. "Really?"

Spade raised his hand. "I have!"

"Thank you!" Argentum smiled at Spade, who was scratching his blushing cheek. Argentum then turned back to Trappola and Grim. "See? Why can't you be like Deuce?"

"That's just too much work!" Grim exclaimed.

Trappola nodded in agreement. "And not everyone is aiming to be a good boy!"

Spade turned to him. "Wh-What is that supposed to mean?!"

"Anything else?" asked Clover again.

"Maybe Senior Rosehearts' clothes and books?" Argentum suggested. "Just necessary things for a sleepover."

Clover pushed his glasses up his nose. "Alright. We'll drop by after class along with the notes."

Rosehearts clenched and unclenched his fist, to which Argentum tugged his sleeve again. The eye-patch boy smiled at Clover and the other. "Thank you so much."