(44) TRotW: Condolence Greetings!

"Order up!" Jonah slid the plate of seafood fried rice across the counter which Jade caught it expertly and put it on his tray. Floyd's head soon appeared through the window as he waved a piece of paper.

"Baby seal~ We need some of those smoked salmon with hollandaise sauce to go~"

"Coming right up!" Jonah twirled his spatula before going to the refrigerator and picked up an already-cut salmon. Grim was sitting on one of the baskets at the corner of the kitchen, watching Jonah cooked that salmon. The smell was so good...

"Jonah..." Grim whined, his paws moved like he was doing a grabby-hands. "Let me taste some..."

Jonah just rolled his eyes and chuckled. "No, Grim. Our part is the leftovers." To which Grim pouted but didn't do anything else for Jonah promised that he would cook twice as much if he behaved today. Of course, Grim being a glutton as he was wouldn't miss that chance.

It was an ordinary day of work and Grim was in one of his moods to follow Jonah to work. Grim wasn't really against Jonah to find work. They have to eat somehow. Besides, the leftover from Mostro Lounge were top qualities so Grim couldn't protest much. To get free food and to pay their debt? Wasn't this the best deal ever?

"Captain."

Both Jonah and Grim turned toward the window when they could see Azul's head poking in there.

"Hey, Boss," the chef smiled before turning back to his dish, pouring some hollandaise to a plate. "What can I do for you?"

"Can you make me some of your flat white coffee?"

This time Jonah did look up again, frowning at the glasses-wearing boy. "But you just had those earlier."

Azul sighed. "I know. The paperwork isn't done yet. It was amazing that there are so many player formation changes in just a week before the game."

"Tough luck, Boss," Jonah chuckled. "I'll make you Earl Grey Tea instead."

"Anything will do, Captain," he sighed before he walked away.

"Order up!" Once again, Jonah slid the plate of food across the counted which Floyd caught this time. He then moved to the drink section to brew up some Earl Grey Tea with the right amount of milk that Azul liked.

"Grim, can you take this to Azul?" Jonah asked as he placed the cup of tea on a saucer.

Grim looked up from his laying position on the blanket. "No way," he scoffed. "You're the employee here, so it's your job-"

"Oh, my~" Jonah opened the refrigerator again. "I don't think I will be taking back this tuna." He sighed dramatically. "I guess no spicy tuna roll for dinner. Too bad."

Grim immediately took the tea order and flew through the kitchen window. He grumbled when he heard Jonah laughing behind him. How dare he threatened him with food? Damn that cheeky pirate. As he was about to turn around the corner, Grim's ears perked up when he saw a familiar blue-haired boy.

"Deuce!" Grim called as he flew toward the boy who turned his head to him. "What are you doing here?"

"Submitting the new player list for Heartslabyul Magishift Team," Deuce said, lifting the brown folder he was carrying.

Grim let out a sigh. "Aw, man... I wish I can play in the Magishift... Jonah said that we can't because we don't have enough people in our dorm!"

Deuce just chuckled at this. "Well, maybe next time you can join."

Grim pouted. "Anyway. You said 'new player list'. What happened to the old one?"

Deuce blinked in confusion. "You don't know?"