(47) TRotW: Conspiracy Chasers!

"Alright. I've summed up the list of potential targets and shared it with our group chat." Cater said when they gathered once again in front of the Heartslabyul Dorm. Jonah looked over Riddle's shoulder as the prefect turned on his phone (maybe after he pay all his debt he can buy one of those). There were four people on the list: Rook Hunt, Jade Leech, Floyd Leech, and Jack Howl.

"Okay then." Riddle turned off his phone. "We'll split up again. Cater, you and your team go and find Rook Hunt. Jonah and I will find Jade and Floyd."

"Aren't they the twins you're working for?" Grim asked, looking down at Jonah from the top of his head.

"Yeah," the captain answered. "They're usually together. So, if we find one of them, we'll find the other one as well."

Riddle nodded. "Exactly. Alright, we'll meet up again in the Hall of Mirrors." With some collective nods, the two groups went to their separate ways.

-----//-----

"Rook Hunt is from Pomefiore and a third-year student like me," Cater said, walking in between Deuce and Ace through the hallways of the school. "He's a very capable player who was vital to the competition in last year's tournament."

"Then, shouldn't we be visiting his dorm first?" Ace asked. "It seems like it's a good place to start."

Before Cater could answer, just as they turned a small boy appeared, crashing onto Cater's chest. "Whoa!" Cater immediately grabbed the boy's shoulder. The boy looked up and Cater to heard Ace and Deuce gasped.

"You're that Pomefiore kid from Flying Class!" Ace exclaimed. "What's your name..." He snapped his fingers repeatedly. "Apple..."

"Epel." The purple-haired boy spoke up. "Epel Felmier." He stepped back. "Sorry. I didn't mean to crash on to you."

"Aw, it's okay~" Cater smiled. "Oh, by the way, since you're from Pomefiore, you know Rook Hunt, right?"

He could felt the boy shivered under his hands and from the way his face just paled, he didn't need further explanation. "W-What do you need from him?"

"Well, you see. Have you heard about the accident of some Magishift Player."

Felmier stopped shaking. He frowned at him. "Yes. They are some players from our dorm who got injured as well."

Cater nodded. "Yes. We're investigating this now, and we're wanna check on Rook. He's not hurt, right?"

Felmier frowned. "He's fine, actually. He's very-"

"Oh, Monsieur Little Apple~"

From the way Felmier suddenly tensed up and how his eyes widened, Cater could guess that he was screaming in the inside. The three Heartslabyul looked up and saw another student jogging toward them. He blonde hair which he wears in a bob-cut and green-eyes. Along with his formal uniform with indigo vest, he also wore black gloves, light brown boots, and a light brown hat which has dark brown trim and a large white feather.

Felmier suddenly grabbed onto Cater's jacket. "Please, take me with you! I'll help with anything. Just take me away from-"

"Oh, there you are~!" The student finally caught up to them and Cater could've sworn he head Epel let out a whine. He looked at the Heartslabyul students. "Oh, Bonjour~"

"Hello, Rook!" Cater waved his hand. "Are you doing fine these days?"

"Of course~" Between them, Felmier was trying to squeeze himself out, but Rook managed to catch him by the collar. "Oh, you don't mind if I take Little Apple from you? He's late for his afternoon tea lesson."