(61) TRotW: Miserable Crown Prince!

The first thing Jonah noticed when he finally gained consciousness was the smell. It was like something was burning. The second thing he noticed was the roughness underneath him. When he finally opened his eyes, he could see not only the black sky, but also the white smoke.

"GAH!"

Jonah jumped up, finding his surrounding in white flame. Dead trees and animal bones everywhere. What... What had happened here?! Looking around he found something. Far ahead, he saw a familiar majestic rock he had seen in his vision. Oh. Was this like what happened with Riddle? Was he supposed to go there? He could try...

Carefully crossing the dead, fiery, savanna, Jonah noticed that the fire didn't hurt him at all even if the air was warm. Jonah noticed some smoke didn't fly up, which was strange. The smoke, in fact, flew toward him and around him in a small cyclone before blowing away. It was then he noticed that the smoke started to form something in front of him. The flame slowly disappeared and, in exchange, a room appeared. The room, a bedroom to be exact, was way bigger than the Ramshackle Dorm's lounge. It looked like it belongs to some rich kid.

"... haa... haa..."

Jonah turned toward the queen-sized bed. He could make out a pair of small ears that poked out from under the thick blanket. The door to the room was opened and Jonah saw the ear twitched. "Mom..." Came a high-pitched whine. It didn't sound annoying at all, instead, it sounded sad.

A young woman with rabbit ears came closer to the bed. She pulled down the cover and it revealed to be a younger version of Senior Kingscholar. His brown messy mane and green eyes were the only sources of color there. He looked terrible with his flushed cheeks.

"No, Your Majesty," the young woman said, going down on her two knees next to his bed. "Your parents are attending your brother's school performance."

Tiny Kingscholar was gasping for air. "... It's hot... So hot..."

He lifted his hand as is trying to reach something invisible. The woman gently grasped his tiny hand, frowning. "You really are burning up..."

Kingscholar sighed when the woman started to rub his hand in hers. "Your hands are cold... It feels nice..."

The young woman smiled. "I'll be with you until the doctor come, Your Majesty." She pressed the tiny hand onto her cheek just to reassure him.

Kingscholar eyes slightly widened and he closed his fist. "... Don't... everyone says I'm... dangerous..."

"You are not dangerous. Your hands are beautiful, Prince Leona"

Kingscholar let out a sigh as he opened his palm again, wanting more of that coolness compare to the hotness around him. "...Nanny Vanni... Your cheek is nice and cold..."

"Poor cub... You're burning up... So badly..."

*crack...*

Jonah's eyes widened. Neither young Kingscholar nor the nanny realized it, but there was a dim magic circle around the child's hands. Maybe because of the sickness that Kingscholar couldn't control himself, but the nanny's skin under his palm began to crack. The wind blew and the image suddenly disappeared, retuning as a smoke.

Both of his parents weren't there? Well, Jonah knew Riddle's mother wasn't the best or how Crowley was absent almost the entire time, but at least they were there. They care in their own way. Didn't Kingscholar's parents also love his son?

Jonah kept on walking through the white flame. Now that he thought about it, what exactly happened here? He knew it didn't happen in one of his visions. Maybe after it? What happened to the black-manned lion?