(38) JADBSSG: It's the Same as Having Wings!

P.E. class was probably Epel's most favorite class. Not only that the school's athletic wear is durable and easy to move in, way simpler than Pomefiore uniform, but because he's good at it. As a child from a family of farmers, he was so used to heavy lifting, and unsurprisingly, he's quite strong underneath that petite body. Then again, maybe the Dark Mirror put him in Pomefiore because of said petit body instead of the muscle. But, wait. He didn't want to think about that. He just wanted to enjoy and pass this class.

"Alright, class!" Vargas's voice was loud, gaining all attention from all the students. "I want Class A on the right, Class B on the right, face-to-face."

Epel immediately took a random spot among class B. In front of him was a boy from class A with a demon-cat on his shoulder. The student gave him a small wave and Epel answered him with a nod.

"Alright, fellow!" Vargas said once again. "Laid your broom on your right side and try to call your broom. Just stick out your right hand and say: 'up'."

The word 'up' was barely out of his mouth before Epel's broom was in his hand. Epel watched as the other brooms jumped into their owner's hands. He watched the student in front of him, talking to the cat. The student stuck out his hand.

"Okay, Grim, I'm ready," said the boy.

The demon-cat, Grim, nodded, and stuck out his paws. "UP!" he shouted. And the broom went up in fast speed-

*whack*

-and smacked the boy on the nose.

"OW!"

"I thought you were ready!" Grim laughed.

The boy rubbed his nose and glared at the cat. "You put too much magic into it!"

Epel shook his head. Was it really that difficult? He noticed a ginger-haired Heartslabyul student whose broom nearly flew past him if it wasn't for the boy holding it with both hands, while the blunette's broom beside him was somersaulting the ground.

Everyone put up their brooms, with the teacher correcting the posture and grip of each student. As soon as he was sure no one would fall, Vargas said, "When I blow the whistle - kick the ground hard. Keep the broom steady, drift for a while, lean forward, and touch down. Ready? In three, two..."

The whistle blew hard and Epel's broom took off, the wind blew against his hair, he lifted his feet off the ground. Even though he was only a few feet, it was the most fun Epel had ever had.

They shouldn't be too high from the ground. They should practice starting and stopping, playing with speed only when they feel comfortable with sitting on a broom without falling.

Epel's broom hovers an inch above the other students. He noticed that the student in front of him, along with the demon-cat who sat in front of him on a broom, inched up their broom so they were the tallest. He saw the cat was grinning arrogantly, while the boy was warning him not to go too high. Oh, are you challenging me? Never backing out, Epel quickly regained his lead. He discovered that it was the cat who flew it, not the boy. He grinned at him as they rose five inches higher. Epel leaned back, pulling above them an inch. The cat clenched its teeth and zoomed up almost 10 feet. Epel pulled back his broom which intended to surpass them.

The sound of a whistle was heard again and the two students looked down at their P.E. teacher. "Mister Felmier, Mister Argentum! Get down here this instant or you're both out of this class!" Epel stopped in the air and turned to go back down. When his feet touched the ground, he stared back at the boy and his cat. Their broom was still up.

"Mr. Argentum!" Vargas called out to the floating student again. Epel could see the boy talking to his cat, having a quite heated conversation actually, maybe arguing whether they should go down or not.