(36) JADBSSG: I Want Them to Turn Black!

"I'm starving after that boring history lesson..." Grim muttered one morning after Mr. Trein's history class. He, along with Ace and Deuce, was standing outside the class, waiting for Jonah who was talking about his supplementary lesson. Even after two weeks, the boy still had trouble keeping up with the lesson since he knew nothing, except basic reading, counting, and speaking.

But then the demon-cat grinned. "Luckily, I have this!" Out of nowhere, he took out a black rock.

"Wait," Ace turned toward Grim. "Isn't the same rock we found at the Dwarfs' Mine?"

Deuce squinted his eyes. "You're right... Where did it come from?"

"Found it after we defeated Riddle." Grim sniffed the rock, sighing in delight. "I'll never forget that flavor! Thanks for the food~!" He immediately popped the stone into his mouth. "Hm~! It starts out with a rich sweetness then finishes with the slightest hint of bitterness for an aromatic experience ~! It's a different taste from the last one I had!"

Ace groaned. "Dude. I know that you're a glutton but don't just go around picking stuff from the ground."

Deuce sighed. "I don't think that doing this constantly would do you good."

Ace just shrugged. "Ah, he's a monster so he's probably made differently from us."

Grim licked, his lips humming in delight. "Hm, it's got a refreshing and soft kind of taste, yanno?"

The classroom door finally opened, and Jonah came out with an exhausted look on his face. He let out a sigh as he put some stacks of papers into his bag.

Ace looked at the redhead worriedly. "Dude, you're okay?"

"No..." Jonah groaned. "I can't believe I have the lowest score in that quiz... It was the most basic of all basic and I got 27 out of 100!"

Ace winched. "Captain, you can't be that stupid..."

Deuce nodded in agreement. "Yeah. And don't worry. I got a low score too. Only 69."

Ace snorted. "Heh. 69."

Deuce was slow in processing the meaning. You could see his head was buffering before suddenly his face turned red. "Ace, please! Grow up!"

Meanwhile, Grim smirked at Jonah, his paws on his hips. "I got 60! This proves that I am way smarter than you!"

Jonah huffed. "You barely pass that!"

The smirk on Grim's face didn't leave. "I still have a higher score than you~"

Jonah groaned and ran his hand on his face. "I can't believe I'm stupider than a raccoon." Ignoring the fuming exclaim of 'I'm not a raccoon!' from Grim, he continued, "And now the headmaster wants to see me after school. He probably knows about my grade already..."

Deuce turned to the captain. "Wait. The headmaster is also looking for me."

Ace nodded. "Me too. I wonder what he's gonna talk to us about."

"If I were to guess, it probably concerns the incident with Prefect Rosehearts the other day," the blunette suggested to which Ace shrugged.

"Probably. That 'evil villain berserker mode', huh?" Grim flew to Jonah's head and sat on it. "Hah! He might give me canned tuna as a reward for being a big help that day!"

Jonah rolled his eye. "I doubt it."

-----

The knock on the door made Crowley looked up from the document he was working on. "Come in."