(42) TRotW: Cafeteria Scramble!

"It's finally lunch!" Ace said, stretching his arms when he finally walked out of the class. Deuce and Jonah, with Grim on his head, followed behind him. "Wonder what should I eat today?"

Grim groaned as he laid down on Jonah's head. "Ugh... I can eat anything right now! It was a struggle to stay up during Professor Trein's lecture!"

Deuce stared at the cat. "I saw you across the room. You fell asleep after only five minutes. You don't struggle at all."

Jonah looked up. "Seriously, if I get detention because of you, I swear I'm going to smack you."

Grim just snickered at him. "You never actually smack me, Jonah. You love me~"

Jonah just rolled his eye. "You only love me because I feed you." Grim was grinning at this.

"By the way, Jonah." Deuce looked own at Jonah's hand. He was holding two small lunchboxes, stack together and covered in a white cloth. "You bring lunch?"

"Yep," the captain nodded, lifting the lunchboxes. "I figure this is way cheaper than buying at the cafeteria."

Ace looked up to Grim. "You're okay with this?"

Grim just shrugged. "He's cooking it, so why complain?"

They finally reached the cafeteria and they found an unusual sight. Well, a cafeteria filled with students was normal, but they never had this much. Especially around the counter. It was more crowded than it usually was. They could've sworn that some students who started growling like hungry predators.

"I'll have 3 chocolate croissants!"

"Score! I managed to buy some! This shop's egg sandwich is seriously good!"

"What's going on today?" Ace asked out loud, voicing the small group's confusion.

"Ah, Jonah." The eye-patch boy turned around and saw a familiar Pomefiore student walking toward him, eating the yakisoba bun in his hand.

"Epel." Jonah smiled at him. "What's with all the commotion?"

"Oh, you know Daisy Dragon Bakery? The one at the foot of the mountain?" Epel asked. Ace and Deuce nodded while Jonah and Grim shook their head. Epel bit his bread again before continuing. "Well, it's a famous bakery and it seems that they always have this special sale once a month." He bit his bread again, humming at the delicious flavor. "They're pretty good."

"Heh~" Ace looked at the crowd. "It would be a miracle to be able to go through there."

Deuce chuckled. "Though, it seems to be worth it. What do you think, Jonah?"

Jonah just shrugged. "I have mine and Grim's lunch, you know," he said, lifting his lunchboxes again. "So, I'll be finding a seat for us or something."

"Where is your cat anyway?" Epel asked.

Jonah turned at him confusedly. "Huh? He's right-" He patted his head. Instead of feeling the soft fur, his hand immediately dropped to his head. "He's gone." Jonah looked around the room frantically. Where is that stupid raccoon?!

"Get out, get out! That deluxe minced cutlet sandwich is mine!"

Don't tell him...

"Don't cut in line!"

Jonah tried his best not to smack his forehead to the nearest table. "Why are you like this?!" he muttered, running his hand down his face.

Deuce sighed. "That guy forgets we exist when food is involved. Right, Ace?" When he didn't get an immediate response, Deuce looked around too in panic. "Ace!"