(43) TRotW: Days are Like Clouds that Straddle the Sky!

"Flying lesson?"

"Yeah." Jonah nodded. It was during recess when Jonah and Riddle coincidentally met in the library, looking for their books for research. It was then when their conversation led up to Riddle talking about how General Magic is his favorite subject and asking on what is Jonah's favorite subject.

"If I have to choose a lesson I can be good at, it's probably Flying," the eye-patch boy added.

"Why?" Riddle asked. Physical Education wasn't really Riddle's favorite subject, so he couldn't really see the appeal.

Jonah chuckled as he shrugged, "I don't know. I just..."

He stopped right next to an open window. Jonah turned to the window, looking at the blue sky. "It feels great to be up there. Sometimes I wonder if I can touch the clouds or stars..."

Riddle didn't understand why he felt his cheek heathen up. The curtains of the window fluttered, spilling light over the boy. The soft wind ruffled Jonah's reddish-brown hair, his ahoge dancing on top of his head. The sunlight highlighted the dust that swirled through the air from the musty bookshelves for some reason gave Jonah's already soft smile even more beautiful.

"I-" Riddle tried to spoke up before closing his mouth again. Wait. Why did he stop? Come on, Riddle. What is wrong with you? He cleared throat, gaining Jonah's attention. "I can teach you."

Jonah blinked in confusion. "Eh?"

"I-I'm free tomorrow." Riddle averted his gaze. "How about we meet tomorrow after class?"

At this Jonah perked up. "Really?"

Riddle nodded, glancing at Jonah again. "Yes. You helped me, so I'll help you."

For some reason, Jonah's smile widened and his eye twinkled. "Thank you, Senior Riddle!"

He was grinning so bright and so sincere and Riddle once again felt his cheek heathen up and his heart was bumping in a faster rhythm.

-----//-----

"Why are we having an additional lesson on Saturday?" Grim muttered, hanging onto Jonah's shoulder.

Riddle folded his arms across his chest. "You really think I would just forget about your massive crash last month?" He knew he was making up excuses because there was no way Riddle would say that he helped them because Jonah asked him. Well, Grim appeared to take the bait because he immediately froze up. "There's no way I'm letting you fall from the sky again."

Jonah chuckled at this. "Alright then. What should I do first?"

"Maybe actually summoning your broom?" Riddle suggested with a raised eyebrow. "You can't actually ride mine because it only listens to me."

"Hmm..." A light bulb appeared on top of Jonah's head. He glanced at Grim. "Grim. Do Accio!"

Grim grinned at this. "Alright." He flew to Jonah's head and stood with his two legs. A magic circle appeared in front of him as he chanted. " [ACCIO, Roy Mustang 2003]!"

Riddle blinked at this. "W-Why?"

"Oh, Grim named our broom so it won't get swapped with the others," Jonah said.

"Yes, but why..." The red-haired prefect frowned. "'Roy Mustang'?"

Jonah and Grim exchanged a glance before looking back at Riddle. They shrugged. "It just sounds cool," Jonah said like it was a fact.

Only a few seconds later, a broom suddenly came flying from the direction of the Ramshackle Dorm. "Here it comes!" Grim yelled excitedly. Jonah nodded and extended his hand, ready to catch the broom -