(70) B&G: Those Thrilly and Chilly Old Willys Will Rise!

Amidst the loud music performance by the Light Music Club and the sea of dancing students who were jumping to the beat, nobody realized that Leona had slipped into the gym. Look, he had told himself that he would join in this stupid All Hallow's Eve party, he had the headmaster's permission. But there was something about the silence in the Savanaclaw Dorm that made him came. Which was weird. He likes quiet places, they are always good places for napping, but why can't he sleep that night? How annoying. He even wore his stupid costume: black knight-like uniform with a blue cape and silver boots.

"Leona...?" Leona turned toward the familiar sound. Ruggie stood not far from him, wearing the same costume as last year: red suit with a red cape and black-spotted-white fur among the edge, knee-high socks, brown shoes, and a big crown on his head. Leona remembered last year Farena gave him that disgusting costume so he gave it to Ruggie. Which... Why is Ruggie still wearing it? Doesn't he have another costume? Why this? Only to fit the theme or something else?

Leona gave him a nod of acknowledgment. "Hmm."

"You're here." Even Ruggie sounded shocked at Leona's appearance.

"Yeah." Leona huffed, running his hand behind his head.

Ruggie blinked. "I thought you wouldn't come."

Leona shrugged. "Me either."

"Oh."

...

Well, this was awkward. They hadn't been speaking since Magishift and for the first time, so Leona didn't know what to say. Both of them leaned against the wall, watching the rave of students. The Light Music Club switched song again, this time more heavy metal. The Diasomnia guitarist slammed his guitar to the stage and the Scarabia drummer crashed the cymbal.

"Having fun?" Leona asked. Ruggie turned toward him in surprise.

He shrugged. "Sort of. The food is nice."

...

Leona glanced at Ruggie. "You're wearing the same costume as last year?"

"Hmm?" Ruggie looked down at himself. "Oh. Yeah."

"Don't you have any other costume?"

Ruggie bit his lip, his hand playing with his cape. "I like this costume. I'm pretty small so I can fit this for a long time."

"Why that though?"

Ruggie was silent for a while, but Leona could see his lips pulled up into a soft smile. "You sort of gave it to me. So..." He turned his head slightly toward him with that small smile, a light blush on his cheek. "There's no way I won't wear this."

Leona blinked at him. How... Why does he act like that? There was no way... Even after that whole shouting match and them basically tried to kill each other, why does Ruggie still act like this? Why is he still willing to accept him as if he didn't do any of those bad things?

"You-"

The air suddenly smelt different.

Leona's ears perked up when he caught the sound of a candle went off next to him. Ruggie ears also twitched, but unlike Leona, he couldn't smell the strange magical smell. Looking around cautiously, Leona's eyes wandered from every corner in the room to the ceiling.

That was when he saw it.

Light green smoke came in through the opened window just above the stage. None of the students noticed it or they noticed but didn't know how to respond just like Leona. The smoke risen, forming itself into a shape of a human figure.