(66) B&G: Want You To Get Better!

"Mister Argentum."

Jonah looked up with a smile. Crowley appeared by the door just when Mister Spencer finished using a last touch of healing with his light-magic. He was sitting on his bed in his fresh clothes, feet dangling above the floor and Grim was sitting on his lap while he was patting his head.

"Are you ready to return to the dorm?" the headmaster asked as he walked in.

Jonah nodded. He looked down at Grim. "I think this calls for a celebration, don't you think? What should I cook?"

Grim's ears perked up. "Well..." he tapped his chin. "I want something with fish in it..."

Jonah chuckled. "Of course you do."

Grim puffed up his cheeks, pouting. "I'm just saying..."

"Wouldn't it be better if he rests a little bit more?" Crowley asked, turning to Mister Spencer.

"While I don't recommend doing heavy lifting and sports," Spencer said as he lowered his hand, along with the dimming light of his necklace. "Young Argentum here needs some practice to get used to his new hand. Little things like cooking would be fine for him."

Jonah rubbed his scar again. It didn't hurt. The nurse did a wonderful job at him. "Thank you for everything, Mister Spencer," he said, smiling and nodding at the grandpa.

"You are very welcome, young man," the old man smiled back. "Adventurous youngster like you better be more careful."

Jonah chuckled. "I'll try." Jonah took a deep breath and let it out through his nose. His feet touched the ground and slowly he straightened up. Grim and Crowley were watching worriedly at him, but he gave him a reassuring smile. And then he took a step. The room swayed a bit and his knees trembled. "Whoa-"

"Careful." Crowley caught him before he could collapse. "This is normal."

Jonah nodded. "Thank you, headmaster." Jonah tried to stand up straight again, shaking his head to get rid of the dizziness. He blinked a few times. "No. I'm fine now."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes." Jonah took another step. He didn't feel dizzy anymore. He gave Crowley a nod, which the headmaster responded with a nod of his own. He turned toward Spencer.

"We'll be leaving now."

Spencer nodded at him. He turned to Jonah again. "Stay save, child," Jonah answered him with a smile and nod. Grim flew toward him, perching on his left shoulder like usual. With that, both student and headmaster walked out from the infirmary.

As they walked, Jonah was glancing around. Sure some students were whispering and looking at his prosthetic hand which he tucked in his jacket's pocket. But other than that, just like Senior Azul said, nobody was talking about the rumor of Senior Kingscholar's overblot. Heck, now that he realized that, it had been a long time since he heard people talking about Riddle's overblot. How is this possible? Isn't overblot, like, a huge thing? If the chandelier accident is still being remembered, how come the overblot news suddenly vanished in the wind?

"You have something in your mind?"

Jonah turned to Crowley. The headmaster was still looking forward though he noticed that he started to walk slower to start this conversation. Taking a glance around one last time, he turned to Crowley again. "How come nobody talks about Senior Kingscholar or Riddle's overblot?"

Crowley's steps didn't flatter, but Jonah noticed how the tapping of his cane became louder for some reason. "We have our own ways to stop the news from spreading."