(8) WttVW: Cheeky Encounter

Jonah stared at the bathroom mirror in front of him, staring at his reflection, more specifically his right eye. When he poked his eyelid, he didn't feel any pain. It felt normal. So, what happened?

"Did someone punch me so hard until it's a permanent bruise or something?" he muttered. He finished tying up his hair and walked out of the bathroom, wearing his yesterday clothes and carrying his used pajamas. Last night, after making some deals with the headmaster, Crowley helped him set up his room. More like he used magic to make the bedroom looked brand new, which he was grateful for, knowing he didn't need to sleep on the couch.

Though sharing the bed with Grim was another story. The demon-raccoon kept on tossing and turning, hitting him on the face and kicking his side. Not to mention his snores. Let's just say that the pesky raccoon was the reason he didn't get enough sleep.

When he walked out to the bathroom, a towel over his wet hair, he found a peculiar sight. Grim was still sleeping, snoring loudly. Though he had company. The three ghosts were back, one of them poking the chubby raccoon's cheek.

"Hihihi..." Lou giggled. "Don't you have to clean up the academy now?"

Grim grumbled in his sleep before turning to the side, mumbling, "Munya...five more minutes..."

"If you keep rolling around lazily like that, one day you won't be able to wake up for eternity, you know?" teased Soo.

"Just like us!" Barret ended with a laugh.

"Why are you guys back?" Jonah knew his voice didn't sound angry or annoyed. Mostly just flat. He had no desire to deal with this in the early morning. All three ghosts turned to him. He could see how they paused for a second. Weird. Were they still wondering about his eye?

One of them, maybe Lou, broke into a laugh before soon followed by Soo and Barret. They started flying toward him, circling them and Jonah was trying his best not to smack them off. "So, you both are going to live here from now on?" he laughed. "You guys are so prank-worthy, kekeke!"

Jonah rolled his eyes. Grim yawned widely before snuggling back into the bed. An idea sparked in Jonah's mind. "I don't want some pranks, but..." he paused, for dramatic effect. It gained the ghosts' attention, all of them pausing in front of his face. He pulled up the corner of his lips. "If you can be that raccoon's personal alarm clock, I'll let you stay."

The ghost looked at each other, probably having a mental discussion before grinning widely. They all disappeared. Jonah thought they decline his deal, but when he saw Grim suddenly floated, with Soo lifting him by the neck and Lou floating in front of him, standing by. Jonah covered his mouth to stop himself from laughing too loud.

"Uu~mm..." The cat blinked lazily. He looked straight ahead, not fully awake. Lou took this as a cue. He covered his face with his hand before pulling the corner of his mouth, teeth sharp, tongue wiggling out and eyes darted in every direction.

"OOGA BOOGA BOOGA!"

"FUGYAAAAAAA!!!"

All three ghosts laughed, Jonah himself joined in the laugh. Soo dropped Grim on the bed before he and Lou disappeared. Barret, who floated next to Jonah, offered him a high-five, which Jonah gladly accepted, smacking his hand with the ghost's (he was surprised he could do that).

"See you tomorrow~" Barret howled, disappearing. Grim was still shaking, heavily breathing with a paw on his chest. Jonah walked toward him.

"You're awake?" Jonah asked, trying to keep his voice steady after laughing.

"The ghosts!" he screamed waving his paws. "The ghosts are back!" He jumped to all-four. "Where are they?! I'm gonna drive them out again!"

Jonah looked around. "I think they are gone," he smiled. Grim was still shaking, eyes glaring to every corner. Jonah frowned. Did he go too far?