(74) B&G: My Heart Beats In HyperDrive!

"Jonah! Jonah! Look what I've found!"

Jonah looked up from his textbook as Grim flew down the stair, carrying something slightly bigger than himself. Closing his book and put it on the coffee table, just when Grim stopped sitting next to him on the couch.

"Isn't that a Magishift disk?" Jonah wondered out loud as he took it from Grim's paws. It did look like the ordinary Magishift disk, but this disk was filled with stickers that looked like it aged. Turning it around, he found a bigger sticker with writing on it which nearly wide as the disk itself. "'Soo's Magishift Disk'?" he read it out loud. "'Property of Soo. Do not use, except for Soo'?"

"Hey!" The disk was suddenly snatched from above. Looking up, he saw the three ghosts examining the disk in awe. "You found it!" Soo was grinning ear-to-ear. "I've been looking for this for eighty five years!"

"Aw, man. Remember those times?" Barret laughed. "So many broken windows!"

Jonah blinked at this. "Wait. So you guys used to live here?"

"Night Raven wasn't as big as now, you know." Lou suddenly appeared next to Jonah, resting his arm on his shoulder. "It had only two dorms back then; this Ramshackle and Pomefiore. But soon, the dorm was closed down and new ones were built."

"Why it was closed down?" the boy asked again.

"Safety precaution. Us Ramshackle Dorm alumni were tricksters and serious black-magic users. It was usual for us to cast jinx toward other members."

"But..." Soo and Barret flew lower. The witch-ghost finger was tracing the outer part of the disk, looking rather solemn. "One day, a senior made a really powerful spell. It killed nearly everyone here, including himself."

"Eek!" Grim screamed, throwing himself into Jonah's arms. "We're living in a massacre house!"

"We were caught in the magical blast, so we were killed too," Lou added, puffing his cheek and crossing his arms in front of his chest. "In our freshmen-year too! Which is suck!"

Barret nodded. "The building was renovated after that. But nobody was allowed to set a foot here."

Jonah looked at the three ghosts. It was then he realized that he knew nothing about them. Sure, they would talk about nonsense about their days when haunting students who came here for a haunted house game, but never the reason why they are a ghost. Jonah always thought that those were sensitive matters. But there they were, talking about their dead and possible massacre as if they are talking about the weather. They were young...

"Do you ever regret being dead early?"

Lou sighed. "Sometimes." But then he smiled, pulling closer Soo and Barret, arms around their shoulder. "But we have each other. And now, we have you." Their grin became wider. They are so young... And innocent... "It's not that lonely anymore."

"Though, does the headmaster know this?" Jonah asked again. "He should've known about a piece of really big news like that."

"I don't think Old Man Crowley was headmaster at that time." Barret shrugged. "By the time, he applied, the dorm had already been rebuilt."

"But the news..." The captain scratched his chin. "There's just no way the world would ignore a massacre."

Soo went closer to Jonah, whispering to his ear. "There is a saying: 'Tales of Night Raven College, stays in Night Raven College'."

"We weren't paying attention about the news at that time," Barret added, nodding his head.

"Still..." It was just like the overblot battles. Nobody ever talks about Riddle's, even the recent Kingscholar's wasn't being talked about again. But the stampede sure does, and some even recognize him from the chandelier accident. And now this? But the 'massacre' happened years ago, so it wouldn't be a surprise if many people forget. But still... For big news, that cost the lives of so many students, how does NRC keep standing? How strange... It was as if every bad news was erased from history...