(41) TRotW: Prefects' Gathering!

It was already closing time for Mostro Lounge. Nearly everyone has gone back to their room, including Jade and Floyd. The lounge was practically empty by now, which was great for Azul because he could have all this space for himself.

He sat in one of the sofas, paper spread across the table, and a word document on the screen of his laptop in front of him. Azul occasionally would find a document before typing it, adding another paragraph for the report. He didn't even realize that he wasn't actually alone until he heard a cup was placed on his table. The smell of coffee hit him immediately.

"Working hard again, Boss?" Azul looked up, slightly surprised to see Jonah, in his Octavinelle uniform (which was given from him the day after Floyd's performance because it was lounge rules), still carrying a tray and smiling at him.

Azul smiled and picked up the cup. "Yes. Just finishing the last report for tomorrow's prefect meeting."

Jonah perked up at this. "Oh, the royal families accept their invitations?" he asked, picking one of the documents, reading the response letter from the Coral Sea Royal Family.

"Yes, their letter just came a few days ago. Now, all I have to do is arrange their seat." Azul took a sip of the coffee. His eyebrow raised. "A new recipe?"

Jonah chuckled. "Just some flat white coffee. I tried to make it instead of the instant one."

Azul took another sip. "It's delicious. I'm keeping it on the menu."

Jonah laughed. "Whatever you say, Boss." He put back the document n the table and continued, "Well. I'm heading back now."

"Don't forget the leftover," Azul said.

Jonah nodded. "I've packed it. Grim will be really happy we're having salmon for breakfast."

Azul chuckled at this. "Well, then." He tipped his hat to Jonah. "Good job today, Mister Argentum."

Jonah tipped his hat back. "Thank you, Mister Ashengrotto. And don't stay up too late."

With that, Jonah left for the kitchen. He probably went through the other door since Azul didn't see him return to the main lounge. Sipping the white coffee again, Azul continued his report until dawn.

-----//-----

All the prefects of each dorm once again gathered in the Mirror Chamber. Azul was sitting next to Idia (in his floating tablet) who is chatting with Jonah about some new cheat code he had discovered. Taking a glance, Azul was pretty sure Jonah didn't understand anything. The poor boy didn't even have a smartphone, let alone a laptop. He remembered that time he saw Jonah stayed overnight at Mostro Lounge just to write his ten pages on report for Mister Crewel's class by hand. That was a torture to see.

Riddle sat next to Jonah, also listening for Idia. He also clearly didn't understand, but he could see the way his lips curled up and how his cheeks turned into a light pink color whenever Jonah turned to talk to him. It was interesting watching them. Riddle, Jonah, and Idia. An interesting combination indeed.

They heard the headmaster stepped forward, clearing his throat to gain their attention. "Now then, I would like to begin the Prefects' Meeting concerning the Magical Shift Tournament that will take place in only two weeks from now. Firstly, Prefect Ashengrotto of Octavinelle has an announcement as the President of the Magical Shift Management Committee."

"Yes," Azul said as he stood up, notes prepared in his hands. He walked up toward the front and began his part. "I am Azul Ashengrotto of the Management Committee. A pleasure to be here with you all today." He could see Jonah rolling his eye and a quiet snicker from Idia. They had seen Azul dramatic side many times during Board Game Club that this had become a usual sight for them. Azul lips curled up, but that didn't stop him from continuing his report. "Now then, I would like to talk about the pop-up stalls that will be positioned around the Coliseum. All slots for outside business and club businesses have been filled."