(49) TRotW: Beastly Conflict!

"Prefect Leona!" Leona just groaned at the shouting. The shouting continued as he walked closer. He could already feel the growing migraine.

"These guys were trespassing on our turf."

"Let's make them pay for it!"

Ugh, all these herbivores were making too many noises. Leona walked toward the group, making his way through the group of noisy students. In the middle of the circle, he could saw that Heartslabyul student, Diamond, some two other brats, that cat from Entrance Ceremony, and-

"Well," Leona smirked, looking at the small boy at the center of the group. "What do we have here? It's the little prefect who stepped on my tail."

The eye-patch boy sighed. "That was ages ago and you just decided just now to mention that again?"

"Oh?" Ruggie popped his head behind him. "What is your prey doing here, Leona?"

"Ah, you!" The cat pointed at Ruggie. "Deluxe minced cutlet sandwich!"

"Hey, don't just make my name sound delicious." Ruggie pouted. "The name's Ruggie Bucchi."

"Wait, what?! He stepped on your tail, Prefect?!"

"Unforgivable!"

"Shishishishishi," Ruggie snickered. "Man, that was a sight to see~" Leona shot Ruggie a threatening glare, but the hyena just laughed.

"Leona, Ruggie, let's knock 'em out!"

"Stop yapping, you idiots," he hissed. "We'll be disqualified from playing in the tournament if you get in a fight. Do you want that to happen?"

"Are you saying we should let such tasty prey go, sir?!"

Leona smirked. "No one said anything like that. Let's treat them to some Magical Shift then."

"With Magift?" One the Savanaclaw boy said.

"Using magic all we want during a practice match isn't against the rules," Leona stared of the Heartslabyul student, challenging them.

"Shishishishishi~ You're such a bully, Leona~" Ruggie snickered. "These wimps won't last one game, y'know?"

"Heh! We can take you on!" The cat raised his paws into fists. But the eye-patch boy pushed its head down, stepping in front of the group.

"That doesn't seem fair, does it?" he spoke up, crossing his arms in front of his chest. "A senior bullying their freshmen."

Leona snorted. "Well, you little herbivores trespassed our territory. Not to mention you never actually say sorry from stepping my tail."

The boy's brow frowned. "Then, you have a problem with me. I'm the one who gave them the idea to go here."

"Cap-"

Argentum cut the red-haired Heartslabyul's words. "So, if you want to settle the score, you have to fight me. Leave them alone."

Leona and Argentum stared at each other. The boy had that spark in his eye, which made Leona grin, showing his fangs. "Good to know you're spunky. Won't be fun if you can't put up a fight. " He said in great amusement. "Alright, let's do it your way. Let's see which prefect wins."

-----//-----

"What are you thinking?!" Ace shouted in his face. The hands on his shoulders were squeezing a bit too tight. "You can't play Magishift!"

"Neither do you," Jonah tried to reason, swatting the hands away from his shoulder and stepping back.

"We know the basic at least!" Ace shouted again. "And you don't have any magic! How are you supposed to play?"