(67) B&G: Better be Weary and Spooky, and Scary!

*thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud*

"Jonah, stop it. You'll get brain damage."

Jonah smacked his forehead onto his table once again. In front of him were stacks of notes and unfinished homework. Even though he had permission not to attend class because he was sick, the homework just wouldn't stop. "Maybe if I smack my brain even harder I'll be smarter," he grumbled.

"Please don't," Grim mumbled. Yep, he's losing it. The cat's ears then perked up. "Maybe some food will help!" Like magic, he created a movement like he was taking out something from his pocket. "Ta-da!"

Black rock was being held up in front of Jonah's face, making the boy backed up for a bit. He frowned as he reached for the rock. "Isn't like the one in the Dwarfs' Mine?"

"Yeah," Grim nodded. He was looking at the stone a bit too intensely as if he didn't what to give it up just yet. "Riddle dropped that rock too." The cat licked his lips. "It's crazy that each rock has a different flavor."

Jonah sighed. It was obvious that Grim was holding back himself. "You can have it."

"Eh?"

"I can't eat rock, you know. Here." Jonah tossed the rock into the air. "Fetch."

Grim eyes widened and immediately shot up. He opened his mouth widely and caught the rock in his mouth with a "Hap!" The cat hummed, rubbing his cheeks as a light blush formed on them. "Mm~ It's got a little bit of a bitter and spicy taste! It's like grown-up food!"

Jonah blinked. "Was it different from Senior Riddle's rock back then?"

"Umm..." Grim tapped his chin before snapping his fingers. "Oh! It got a rather sweet taste, but there's also a good kind of bitterness mixed in~!"

In turn, Jonah tapped his chin. "Different taste, huh?"

Grim landed back on the table, looking at Jonah and tilting his head. "What are you thinking?"

Jonah sighed and shook his head. "I don't know really. Those rocks always appear after an overblot battle. What does that mean? Not to mention-"

"Captain!" Both Jonah and Grim turned toward the voice. Ace and Duce came running toward them. The ginger-haired boy was carrying a big, stuffed, paper bag.

Jonah shushed them when they reached the table. "Guys, this is a library."

"Sorry," Ace whispered as Deuce covered his mouth. "But, captain! You have to tell Deuce that he has to wear a dress!"

Jonah and Grim exchanged a glance, clearly confused. The eye-patch boy raised an eyebrow at him. What is he talking about? But before he could ask for clarification, Deuce punched Ace on the shoulder. "No! Why can't you wear it?"

Ace turned toward him, grinning. "I am manly as fuck! There's no way I'm wearing it! It fits you, mama boy!"

Deuce's face became red, either from embarrassment or anger. "I'm not a mama boy! Why can't both of us wear the dress-suit?"

"It's too small for you!" Ace retorted.

Once again, Jonah shushed them, making both Heartslabyul boys turned toward him. "Excuse me. Why are you talking about dresses and suits?"

This time, Ace and Deuce exchanged a glance, before staring at Jonah in confusion. "Have you heard of the All Hallow's Eve Party?" asked Ace.

"No..." Jonah shook his head. "Was I unconscious during that?"

The other three winched. They still remembered the sight of their unconscious captain and vaguely remember that Professor Divus mentioning about the All Hallow's Eve Party. But neither one of them was excited, perhaps a bit disappointed on Ace and Deuce's side since they were speculating that they won't be able to attend it in favor of being there for the captain. But once the captain woke up and slowly recovering, plus the exciting discussions of costume among the student, the two of them were once again in the mood, especially now that Jonah and Grim were able to attend the party with them.