(64) B&G: Just Know That There are Up and Downs and There are Drops!

He had a strange sensation of floating. As if someone suspended him above the ground. The air felt stuffier around here and it was a bit cold. Where is here right now? He clenched his hand, happy that he still could control his body. But was he conscious though? Was this real or a dream? Slowly he opened his eyes and immediately widened.

Stars.

They are everywhere.

He's in space. The dark blue horizon with a tint of purple clouds covered with sparkling dots covering every inch of the vast space. He could felt the soft breeze blowing his air. Wait? Breeze? There's no air in space, how can there be a wind here?

The wind suddenly became harder and suddenly something zoomed past him, hitting his back and making him lost his balance. He fell with a loud *thud*, landing on a hard wooden floor. He winched, rubbing the sore spot on his back. He looked up and his eyes widened.

He's on a ship. He could see the red sails flapping with the wind and the ship sailed through the sky. How is this possible? Standing up, he held on to the edge. Not far, floating in space, was another ship. It was golden with white sails, but it was burning and he could hear the screams of panic from the people inside it.

A laugher caught his ears, followed a sound of coins falling to the wooden deck. He turned around and immediately pressed his back to the edge of the deck. A creature with fangs, multiple eyes, and a skull-like face, wearing pirate garments reached out for the fallen gold coins and shining colorful jewels, clutching them in his skeleton-like hand with long, broken, nails while laughing at a madman.

"We got it, boys!"

The creatures shouted and the crew, also weird-looking cheered.

"Hoist the sail! We're off to another galaxy!"

The crew immediately started ran around, pulling the sail and running below the deck. The skeleton creature – the captain – dropped the gold, letting the rest of the crew cleaned up. The captain gripped the steering wheel as the rockets behind the ship lit up again. The ship blasted off, throwing him off the ship. He screamed. It felt like gravity pulled him back, the space itself started to blur. He tried to reach up, but the ship already flew at an incredible speed before vanishing without a trace.

"The loot of a thousand worlds?!"

"It means that all those treasure is only a boat-ride away!"

His vision started to blur. But before his consciousness faded completely, he could hear the sound of footsteps stepping up and a figure, a teenager like him, appeared, looking at the familiar green light beyond the darkness and holding a very familiar glowing object...

"This is my chance to make it up for you, mom... I'm going to set things right."

-----

The second time Johan woke up, he didn't fill like someone stuff a ton of cotton inside his head. He felt way better than before. No headache, no stomach flipping, he felt fine. He felt soft fur nudged his cheek. Who... Is it time to wake up now?

Slowly, he opened his eyes, blinking several times to gain focus. He could make out the familiar infirmary ceiling, but what filled his vision was the wide blue eyes, widening ever so excitedly.

"JONAH!" The blue-eyes' owner immediately hugged him around his neck, nuzzling his soft, furry head on his skin.

"G-Grim..."