(30) TCT: Early Summer-Rain Honesty!

When Jonah opened his eyes, he could see the brick ceiling above him. The light was dimed, but it wasn't too blurry. He scrunched his eyes, trying to get rid of the blurriness when heard movement on his side. Opening his eyes again, a face suddenly popped up.

"Jonah!" Grim was staring at him with a worried expression, something that Jonah never thought would see from him.

"Grim..." he whispered back. Slowly he raised his hand and the demon-raccoon nudged his head onto his palm. Grim let out a purr as he nuzzled into his palm as Jonah had to blink repeatedly to make sure he was wide away. Huh... Grim was never been this affectionate. Well, it's never too late to learn new things.

Soon, two more heads popped up. "Good to see you awake, Captain," Ace said, his voice calmer than before, while Deuce sighed in relief. The two Heartslabyul students smiled at him which made Jonah smiled back.

"We're not in Heartslabyul anymore, are we?" he asked.

"No." Deuce shook his head. "We took you to the school infirmary."

He heard a sound of footsteps and soon the headmaster's face popped up as well. Underneath the beak of his mask, he could see the man's lips curled up as well and the glow of the yellow eyes seemed warmer. "How are you feeling, Mister Argentum?"

Jonah clenched and unclenched in fist underneath the blanket. He let out a groan. "Sore... Tired..."

Crowley nodded. "Can you sit up for a bit?"

Jonah tried to get up, but again, his whole body was sore all over. It felt like he just fell off his broom and got smashed under Deuce's cauldron. Grim jumped off his stomach and sat beside him, while Ace and Deuce helped him sit up. Crowley took Jonah's chin on one hand and use his others to check on his right eye. "Hmm..."

"Is there something wrong?" asked Jonah.

Crowley exanimated it for another few seconds before shaking his head. "No." Crowley let go of Jonah's chin and eye. "There's nothing wrong."

"But that ink thing just hit him in the eye!" shouted Ace. "Are you sure nothing wrong with him?"

Crowley smiled, reassuring him. "His eye is fine," he said. "But, if you guys are really worried, we can make some potions for his eye-drop."

Jonah nodded. "How's..." His index finger started to tap his knee in uncertainty. "How's Senior Rosehearts?"

The three of the crew looked at each other worriedly. "He hasn't wake up since the overblot," Deuce said as he stepped aside a bit. In the bed next to Jonah, lied Senior Rosehearts, eyes closed but breathing normally. He looks like he was just sleeping. But if he was, then Clover, who was sitting on the chair next to Rosehearts' head, and Diamond, who stood at the feet of the bed, wouldn't look so worried and desperate.

"Riddle..." Clover clutched the hand of the sleeping Heartlabyul Prefect, caressing the back of the gloveless hand with his thumb. Jonah noticed there were some bandages around his neck, probably from where Rosehearts had strangled him. He looked at Ace and Deuce. They also had some bandages in various places. Grim, Diamond and himself probably had the least between the groups. Even Rosehearts had bandages in most parts of his body, especially the gauzes around his head and right eye. Hopefully, it wasn't that bad...

Diamond frowned, crossing his arms in front of his chest. "What are we going to do if he doesn't wake up?"

"He has to," Clover quickly answered. He kept staring at the sleeping prefect. "He just has to."

Ace plopped down beside Jonah. "Can't believe he nearly killed us just because he throws tantrums when he gets scolded!" he said, crossing his arms in front of his chest and cheek slightly puffed up like a pouting child.