(15) WttVW: Take Me to Wonderland

"You know, I kind of like that Ace and Deuce guy," Jonah said as he walked through the cobblestone path of the school. After that conversation with the headmaster, Jonah and Grim agreed to just go straight back to the dorm. After all those cleanings and sudden adventures, sleeping became next on their priorities list. Let's just ignore the dorm's miserable state. He could think about all those repairs tomorrow. They were too tired from all of these.

"I think they can make a good combo. They're the 'fight because they're so close' type," Jonah continued, looking up at Grim who sat on his head. "So, are you happy now?"

Grim's grin hadn't disappeared. "Of course!" he yelled in excitement. "Tomorrow, we aren't the handyman!" He sniffed, fat tears started to come out from his eyes again. "Finally... Finally! Our bright and shiny academy life at Night Raven College begins!"

Jonah chuckled. "You know, I don't know much about school life."

Grim smiled smugly. "Then you are lucky you have The Great Me with you!" he said proudly. "Just follow my lead and you'll pass the classes with flying colors!"

Jonah laughed. "Alright, alright. Glad to have you here."

They finally reached their dorm and Jonah stopped. He looked up. The street light was shining above them, giving them more light for their dark path. The problem was that particular street light near the Ramshackle Dorm didn't light up yesterday when he was walking with the headmaster. Weird. Maybe the headmaster fixed it? Jonah shook his head. It didn't matter.

They finally reached the Ramshackle Dorm and he frowned. Grim looked down when Jonah stopped. "What's up?" he asked.

"Did we turn on the light before we leave?" Jonah muttered, looking up to see Grim's confirmation. The cat looked at the dorm. Unlike yesterday, the dorm looked so bright now, lights shining from each window, which were no longer blocked by wood.

"I don't even know that the light still works," said Grim.

Jonah frowned. He put his hand on the gate. It didn't felt rusty at all. When he pushed it, it didn't let out that horrible squeaking noise. Jonah looked around as he closed the gate behind him. The yard looked cleaner. No weeds, no fallen leaves, no cracks on the path, there were even some pots of flower at the entrance stairs. What happened here?

When he opened the front door, another surprise had awaited them.

"What the..."

The lounge looks brand new. No dust, no cobwebs, all of the furniture had been taken off from their sheet, the floor had been mopped, the lamps were lit up brightly, heck, even the wallpaper was brand new without any tears!

"It's all... clean." Grim entered the lounge first, spinning around to examine the room in awe. "Who did this?"

Jonah entered the room, closing the door behind him and locking it. He felt dirty just stepping into the sparkly clean lounge. He finally noticed the brand new coffee table (which was missing a leg previously). On top of it, there was an envelope with a seashell seal. He opened the envelope and took out the paper from it.

"Let's talk about the cleaning service payment one day over a cup of coffee at the Monstro Lounge."

- Azul Ashengrotto

"Sweet Nebula..."

"What?" Grim looked over Jonah's shoulder, reading the letter. "Who is 'Azul Ashengrotto'?"

Jonah shook his head as he put back the letter. "He's the guy that threw you out the first time."

"The purple guy?"