Debate Team (Civil War 2016)

AVENGERS COMPOUND
LATER THAT NIGHT

Y/N is seen laying in his bed, eye closed, but at a quick look, anyone can tell that he's having trouble giving in to sleep.

As he writhes and shakes in bed, all that's heard in his room, is his mumbling

"I'm sorry.......this is....my fault......can't....."

He starts to get those same voices in his head from the incident a few days ago.

ITS YOUR FUCKING FAULT!!
YOU DID THIS!
MAYBE YOU SHOULD JUST GO!!!
KAMALA! KAMALA!

Y/N groans louder and louder in his sleep as sweat drenches his face and chest.

He sees flashes of his Amaterasu spreading across a building before the flames fly towards him in a fiery blaze

Y/N feels a hand softly land upon his chest, he is quickly opens his eyes as he frantically looks around.

"N-Nat?" He whispers as she comes into view, lifting the covers as she climbs into his bed.

"W-what are y-you doing?" He asks as she places his head into her ample chest.

She goes to softly rake her hands into his H/C hair,
"Your A.I. informed me that you were having some sort of nightmare. He suggested that I could help with that."

"Mhm.." He hums as he wraps his arms around her small waist, "About time he did something right..." He yawns softly as he goes into a more gentle sleep.

Natasha goes and kisses him on his forehead as she closes her eyes.

"Спи спокойно, мой маленький воин"
(Sleep well, my little warrior.)

THE NEXT MORNING

"Y/N.....wake up."

Y/N feels his shoulder being shaken, even in his drowsy state. The hand that shook him awake turned out to be Natasha's, who was standing beside the bed.

"Nat?"

She greeted the young Titan with a smile. "Sleep well?"

Y/N nods before a yawn escapes his lips. "Thanks for the assist last night.....what time is it?"

"Around 10. Breakfast will be here in an hour."

Y/N wears a tired smile before he realizes something, "How's Wanda been doing? You know....after the whole....

"Looks like Wanda's finally getting the rest she needs."

"Yeah...God knows she needs it. Yesterday was such a-" He starts to feel anger rises from the pit of his stomach. "-such a FUCK UP!!!" He grabs a kunai from beside his bed and chucks it into a wall in anger. He then puts his face into his hands in frustration.

"Hey..." Natasha then goes to his side and hugs him softly, "It'll be okay. The good thing is we all made it out okay....."

"Not all of us." He muffles into her shoulder, referring to the dead civilians from Lagos.

"Y/N? There are two people at the entrance who claim to be acquaintances of yours and are here to see you." Ace says from above.

Y/N lifts his head, "Really? Who?"

The AI is silent for a moment as he asks the two individuals for their names. "A Mr. Matt Murdock and Ms. Jessica Jones. Shall I send them in?"