scents and Rivalries.

Mae.

'...If you wanna be, if you wanna be, wanna be with me...'

It was break time now, after we finished our AP calculus class, which I honestly hate or anything that's connected to math.

Throughout today I avoided looking at Dustin or even talking to him, it also felt like he was ashamed and he was doing the same thing.

'...if you wanna be, if you wanna..."

The music was playing from Olivia's phone, and I was lost in thought thinking of how things went from perfect to this between Dustin and I.

"Hey Mae, stop worrying over it now please?" Nicole said pulling me out of my thoughts.

"I wasn't--"

"I know you were so please don't bother lying," she said and I sighed.

Nicole already told Olivia what happened, and she didn't even know how to react to it but Emma wasn't aware and it seemed like she wasn't even paying attention to anything happening right now, she seemed lost, just like I was.

"Emma?" I called pulling her out of her thoughts.

She jolted before relaxing and we all gave a confused expression.

"Are you alright honey?" Olivia asked placing her right hand on her left shoulder.

Emma only nodded, it was obvious my friend was going through the big stuff, but she isn't saying anything about it, how the hell are we supposed to help this way!

"Um uh have you-- hav-- have you guys seen the-- the b-boys?" She asked as if her life depended on the answer.

"No, we don't know why they aren't here yet, anything the problem?" Nicole asked.

"Are you asking about the boys or Liam?" Olivia asked.

Emma only shook her head and sipped her soda, her eyes met mine and then she gave me a smile, she knew I was worried.

Jamil suddenly came and then took a seat next to Olivia, he was in his play pants signalling that he came from the football field.

"Hey Jam Jam, have you seen the boys?" Olivia asked, Jamil frowned at the nickname.

"Okay I'm not gonna remind you again that my name isn't Jam Jam," he said then continued, "And I don't know where they're at, but I'm sure they'll be here soon," he said before putting one of the fries in his mouth.

Soon after it was time to resume classes. Dustin and Liam never came though, but when we got back into the class for English, we saw Liam at the back, his regular place, gesturing Emma to sit beside him, although Dus wasn't anywhere in class.

I didn't know if I should be worried right now.

The school day was over and the girls and I walked back home, well except for Emma. I let the girls enter my home that mum wasn't in on a Monday evening, which was normal as she had responsibilities to fulfil in her NGO matters.

Somehow there was nothing to do anymore and I kept thinking of what happened yesterday. Again. I then remembered my wrist on my right hand, it was slightly bruised, but didn't hurt as much as yesterday, seeing it made tears fill my eyes again, but I didn't give in to it, instead, I fell asleep.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hard to say but as the days passed, things remained the same between Dus and I.

I remembered when he promised that this week would only be for us, spending time with each other, but I guess things change.

I've been crying since everything happened and today's what? Friday, two more days and then we'd be going for our school trip. I can't believe I won't be able to make it memorable with Dustin by my side, Mum even noticed how moody I've been but I just covered it up by saying it's the homework.