pepper soup.

Please vote on my previous chapter♡

Third perspective.

'what if life was all a dream and then we woke up to the life we dreamt about in life..'

An heavy sigh left her mouth after she settled in the living room,she had been busy all day arranging the house. She finally was about to get sometime for herself. No doubt, she was worried about her family, everything she had ever done, everything was for her family, but of course, she still needed her sleep before the usual anxiety reared its ugly head.

She missed him a lot.

"I guess I'll be sleeping on the couch tonight." She muttered. She was even too tired to switch off the television.

Darkness began seeping in from the corners of her eyes, before the unbearable sound of the doorbell ringing made me jolt.

She groaned.

After letting a huge breath out she opened the door to be met with a very familiar face.

"Hey there, I'm sorry but I just wanted to check if he's around?" His rough voice tried to sound soft.

"Oh! No actually but I'll try to check if I can find what you want to get from him..." She said with a weak smile, remembering when he came yesterday asking for his friend.

He reciprocated the smile, which was odd, none of them ever smiled at her.

"Yeah no shit then." He said taking his leave.

Immediately she got back in, all dizziness and fatigue left her veins, the anxiety took over again, she dialled the usual number for the fourteenth time this week.

The receiver clicked.

"Hillary?" Her worry surfaced in her words.

"S- Sandra?" Immediately hearing those words her heart melted and tears made way to her optics.

"Honey." She answered back.
"I- I'm s- so sorry, I swear, I di- didn't mean it, pl- please don't-" he was cut off.

"Shh honey, relax okay, relax, I know you didn't do it knowingly." She cooed.
"She'll never --" he cut himself off with his cries.

Tears also escaped the woman's face.

"Where's he?" She asked deciding to change the topic.
"He's - out." He said between cries.

"How much did he ask for now?" This time the words came out with bitterness.
"200 grand, he fucking wants to drain us, I fucked up big time!" He exclaimed again.

Sandra was still speechless at the amount she heard.

He was only fucking covering up for goodness sake!

"What?" She said in a broken whisper.
"I could skip meds and use them for the payment -"

"Then what would be the essence of you going there in the first place!?" She couldn't help but snap.

Silence followed.

"Tell him to call me once he's back." She said firmly, she was about to hang up when she heard him call her again.

"Yes, love?" She responded.
"How is everyone there? What did you say? Is everything alright?" He asked hurriedly.

"Tell Hillary to call me. Goodnight." She hung up immediately.