calm before the storm.

Please vote on the previous chapter ♥
(mention of suicidal thoughts and speech, also know that the speaker is literally tired of living and if you read carefully you'd understand the character is depressed but it isn't stated directly)

Emma.

I put my hair in a messy bun as I rushed to get down for breakfast on time, these past two weeks Ivan has really been wanting me around him and at all times, even in school pfft Isaac and Ishar really are doing a great job with not letting Mae and me out of their sight.

"Darling," he called walking into the room, his voice was soothing, enough to calm every storm brooding up in my soul.

"Hey yeah I'm almost done, I promise," I replied before picking up my lipgloss.

"You look prettier each passing day," he said taking the lipgloss from me to put in his pocket. "But you know it's useless to put that when I kiss it away anyways," he concluded before walking out and with that, I flushed- like crazy.

Yes, and I know you have some questions.

Ivan and I started off a little bit rough and awkward, finding out what he truly was, was terrifying, and as much as I knew everything I felt for him was true, I still tried to run away, and yes running away I mean being suicidal.

I figured that no matter where I run to or who I run to, my life would always become a tragic mess, I don't even have a family that cares about me, honestly, they hadn't called even though they must have heard that their favourite son-in-law was in jail or even when he escaped, they don't care, never did.

Yes so I settled for this, it's probably my Stockholm, only that what is happening to me is beyond a Stockholm, it something else, something deeper, although he calls it "the mate bond," I call it the syndrome of when a person falls in love with an animal that saved her life.

Love? God trust me I'm sick!

I'd rather spend the rest of my life with a beast that treats me better than humans ever did, I'd rather learn to love an animal, since I've tried so many times to leave this godforsaken world, but no, the animal that thinks he's in love with me was always there to save me, so then I decided, I'd learn to live with the beast, to make him think I'm finally not worried about him turning into a huge animal and to make him think that I could give him what he wants.

My loving.

I'd rather continue to live in this- sweet hell, a beautiful bondage, it's funny, how you wake up knowing that the people you wake up to see are actually werewolves, but these beasts are better than humans, but still are beasts, it's hell because somehow I've figured my life always end up this way, perhaps the next adventure is to figure out the President of America is a vampire.

But hey, my best friend is lucky, Mae Vedika Evans, I've always wanted her life, only if she knew how lucky she was, the perfect family, perfect grades, perfect future, perfect ignorance, especially her ignorance to all of this things.

How she didn't know that even though her father died, she was still loved by her family, she was still loved by her friends, even the toxic ones loved her, even Liam had some kind of stupid obsession towards her, but now I know the reason. She was the Luna of Lunas and she didn't even know!

How she didn't know she could get anything she's ever wanted and her "mate" could get it for her in an instant, how her smile could make everyone smile, how everyone-- human or not would do anything to hear her speak a word, or give a glance at them.