mourning seasons.

Please vote on the previous chapter♡

Third perspective.

"Mae relax, relax we're almost there" her friend kept trying to calm her, but she was lost in her own world she only wanted to see her father.

That was all.

"Drive faster asshole!" She heard her friend scream again.
"My hands are literally shaking too woman, if you could all relax?" Her cousin exclaimed.

"F--f--f" her words failed her, she was talking breathlessly. Her chest high and low for the past ten minutes.

The car stopped and she was the first to jump out, and she ran to the scene in front of her, neighbours hallowing at the corner, talking about the house which just exploded minutes ago.

Her father was in there.

She pushed everyone who was blocking her way, she couldn't even hear a single word from anyone calling her name at the moment, it was all like a slow-motion to her.

She found faces looking at her with pity, she ignored them, she knew her father would be just fine.

The image in front of her terrified her.

It was her home, her very own home, which she left not too long ago, this morning, it looked burnt and destroyed, she kept looking at it until one word came into her mind again.

Father.

Immediately she turned back, she was facing a police officer who was already calling her, only that she was lost she didn't know it was his second time calling her.

"Miss Evans?" Her eyes still broadened and her mouth still opened, she only nodded.

"Please come with me," the man said, the firefighters were just coming out of the house, taking off their face shields and masks.

She was dumbfounded, she kept looking at everyone, she didn't understand what was happening.

She followed the man like a lost puppy, still lost in her own blank mind until she heard the scream of her mother, she gasped, looking up.

"Where's my husband!!?" She heard her scream, immediately Mae left the officer behind rushing to the emergency bus where her mum stood in front of.

It was Jerry who was holding her arm, trying to stop her from going into the bus, on his cheeks were tears too.

"Mum" Mae said in a whisper. Her mother looked at her and hugged her immediately, her crying getting louder.

"They- they said-- we los- lost him" she said in between sobs and chokes.

Mae pulled back away from her and faced the doctor in front of both of them.

She blinked. Her world stopped moving.

"Where is my father?" Everyone could barely hear her.
"Miss Evans I'm sorry to say but your mother's right, we...lost him" he said.

She felt dizzy, the world was spinning to her, and the sun blinded her eyes, encouraging her to pull in to the darkness.

"Stay strong ma'am, your mother just got out of a panic attack, you wouldn't want her seeing you blackout too please" the doctor said grabbing her shoulders, stabling her.

She didn't care, she only wanted to see her father, she only wanted her father.

"Where's my father!!!?" She screamed grabbing the doctor's collar, Jerry immediately left Mrs Evans in Nicole's arm, to comfort his sister.