Ch. 3: Awkward, Horribly Awkward

This is horribly, extremely awkward!

I’m seated next to the guy that just caught me in the hallway a while ago, and my seatmate won’t even bother to talk to me and just keeps looking out the window. I can’t even talk to Dahyun because she’s two seats infront of me, seated next to Yeonjun. We’re having our math class right now, the fourth and last subject in the morning and I can barely understand what the teacher is discussing.

Aish! I hate math! Why do we even have to learn about these things when it looks like we won’t be using it in the future?

Mr. Park (Math teacher): Alright! All of you, please try and solve this equation on your seats and with
your seatmates!

Mr. Park points at the equation on the board and I look towards my seatmate to see if he’ll turn away from the window.

Mr. Park: Park Minhyuk! Please cooperate with your seatmate and solve the equation!

I look towards Minhyuk and see him sigh and turn to the front of the class. He then looks at the equation then turns to me, looking as if he doesn’t really care much about anything.

Minhyuk: What? You can’t solve the equation on your own?

Y/N: Well... Actually... I really can’t solve that equation... at all...

I look at Minhyuk nervously and he smirks then takes out a notebook and a pen. He then starts writing down the equation and starts solving it while showing me how to solve it.

Mihyuk: When you move this to the other side of the equation, the sign changes, so positive becomes
negative...

Y/N: O-oh... okay...

Minhyuk continues solving the equation while teaching me how to solve it and soon enough, I’m finally
getting it.

Minhyuk: Alright, now you solve the next one.

Y/N: H-huh?

I then look towards the board and notice that Mr. Park had written down another equation for us to
solve.

Y/N: O-okay...

I feel nervous as I copy the equation on the notebook and start solving it.

Y/N: So, first I have to move this to the other side, right?

Minhyuk: Mm-hmm.

Slowly, I find myself solving the equation and soon enough, I’ve solved it.

Y/N: There! The answer is 4, right?

I look at Minhyuk with a triumphant look on my face and suddenly see him smile. I’m surprised that he can actually smile since I’ve never really seen him smile since the first time I saw him. Suddenly, Minhyuk stops
smiling and clears his throat as he looks away.

Minhyuk: Anyway...

Mr. Park: So! I assume most of you are done solving. Who wants to share their solutions to the class?

Suddenly, I notice Moonbin raise his hand.

Mr. Park: Okay, Moonbin, you’ll answer the first equation. And the second equation will be solved by...

Suddenly, Minhyuk raises my hand and my eyes widen when I realize what he’s doing.

Y/N: What the-

I turn to Minhyuk with a surprised look and he looks at me with no expression on his face at all then shrugs.

Y/N: Yah!

Mr. Park: Okay, Y/N. You’ll answer the second equation.

I turn to Mr. Park with wide eyes then suddenly see Moonbin looking at me with a surprised look. I then turn to Moonbin and see him quickly stand up and go to the board. I then look towards Dahyun and see her smile and give me a thumbs-up sign. I then sigh then walk to the board and start writing down my solution for the second equation. Soon enough, I’m done and I step back from the board to see if I did well.