Ch. 8: Hidden Talents

Yoongi: Y-yah... You didn’t just see me playing the piano, did you?

Y/N: What do you mean? Of course, I did.

A look of horror forms on Yoongi’s face and he suddenly walks towards me with an angry look. I quickly step back and start to run away but Yoongi reaches me and pins me against the wall. An angry look is on his face as he looks at me.

Y/N: Y-yah... What’s your problem?! So what if I saw you playing the piano?

Suddenly, Yoongi hits the wall right beside my head with his palm and I jump when he does that.

Yoongi: You better not tell anyone that you saw me playing the piano! If you do...

Yoongi glares at me and I shrink back.

Yoongi: You won’t like what I’ll do to you.

Yoongi then steps away from me and walks over to the piano. I’m still shaken even as he walks away, but I can’t help but feel curious.

Y/N: Why not?

Yoongi freezes as he bends down to get his bag.

Yoongi: What?

Y/N: Why can’t I tell anyone? Shouldn’t you feel proud that you can do something that others can’t?

Yoongi suddenly smirks and I take a step back as he stands straight and looks at me coldly.

Yoongi: If I played the piano infront of everyone, they’d look down at me. They’d call me a nerd. I won’t be a suitable member of BTS anymore if they know that I’m actually a boring pianist.

Yoongi breathes a sarcastic laugh and I look at him with concern.

Y/N: But have you ever even tried to see how they would react if you showed them?

Yoongi smirks again and looks at me.

Yoongi: I’m a rapper. It’s not fit for me to also be a pianist.

Yoongi looks away then smiles sadly.

Yoongi: I can’t choose both at the same time.

Y/N: Who says you can’t? Why should you feel ashamed that you can do both? You mean to say you never played the piano even during the music festival?

Suddenly, Yoongi looks at me with a scary look and I take a step back.

Y/N: W-what I mean is... it wouldn’t hurt to try.

Yoongi: You don’t understand! If you’re a member of some big group, you have to watch your every step because one wrong step can make you and even your whole group down!

Yoongi quickly grabs his bag and walks past me and out of the room. I jump as I hear the door slam and I
turn around and look at the door.

Yoongi’s POV

Aish! What is wrong with me?! I shouldn’t have told her all those things!

I walk away from the music room, thinking of what just happened.

“Shouldn’t you feel proud that you can do something that others can’t?”

I laugh sarcastically as I slow down.

Yoongi: What does she even know?

“W-what I’m saying is... it wouldn’t hurt to try.”

I stop when those words play in my head and feel my eyes widen. I then look at my hands, the hands I used to write songs, the hands I used to hold the mic when I performed... the hands I used to play the piano secretly for 4 years.