Ch. 39: Talking Things Out

I notice Moonbin entering the room behind Mina and seems as if time has stopped when our eyes meet.

Y/N: M-Moonbin...

Suddenly, Moonbin looks away from me.

Moonbin: Mianhae.

My eyes widen and I look towards Mina and then Dahyun to see worried looks on their faces. Mina then nods to Dahyun and Dahyun turns to me.

Dahyun: We'll leave you two to talk.

Dahyun then stands up and leaves with Mina. Now that they're gone, it's just me and Moonbin now. I look towards Moonbin and see that he seems to be avoiding my gaze.

Is he blaming himself for my current condition?

Y/N: Moonbin...

I try to reach out to him, but then sigh and lower my hand.

Y/N: You know I can't really stand, right?

Moonbin looks at me with a surprised look and I smile gently at him.

Y/N: You know, it would be better if you came a bit closer. Don't worry. I won't eat you.

I smile playfully at Moonbin and he chuckles then walks towards me and sits down on the chair beside my bed.

Y/N: Dahyun told me about what you felt. She also told me that you felt so guilty that you couldn't visit me. You know I tried to call you a while ago.

I look at Moonbin and see him look at me with wide eyes.

Moonbin: Y-you did?

Y/N: But since my phone was broken since the accident, I used Dahyun's phone instead. You know, that was my first time being rejected.

I smile playfully at Moonbin and he looks away from me again.
I become serious again then sigh as I reach out and place my hand on his. He then looks at me with a surprised look.

Y/N: I have to thank you. All this time, I felt guilty for getting you hurt while you were protecting me, but I'm glad...

I smile happily as I say my next words.

Y/N: Turns out, I could do the same for you.

Moonbin's eyes widen and I continue smiling at him. Suddenly, he stands up and places his arms around me, softly caressing my hair.

Moonbin: I'm sorry... I didn't think of what you felt at all during those times. I thought I was helping you but I didn't know that it would just make things worse for you...

I'm surprised by Moonbin's sudden action, but then I smile and place my arms around him, too.

Y/N: You don't have to be sorry. I guess I did the same, too, since I tried to help you but just made you a lot guilty. And, Moonbin...

I gently pull back and smile as I look into Moonbin's eyes.

Y/N: Stop feeling guilty. I'm pretty sure you should know that you're not at fault.

Moonbin looks at me with a surprised look for a moment, before smiling.

Moonbin: I love you.

My eyes widen and he suddenly pulls my head closer and places a kiss on my forehead. Suddenly, my face quickly starts getting hot as Moonbin pulls away. He's smiling as he looks at me, then suddenly laughs when he sees my face.

Y/N: Yah! How can you laugh after making me feel this way?!

Moonbin then ruffles my hair while smiling sweetly at me.