Ch. 7: Secrets

Soobin and I enter through the back door and stop at the doorway as I watch Minhyuk go to his seat beside mine, put his bag down, then take his seat. Moonbin and Sanha then go to him and start talking about something and Minhyuk looks annoyed as they continue talking to him.

Soobin: You okay?

I turn to Soobin and he looks at me with concern.

Y/N: Y-yeah... I’ll just stay here for a while. They look like they’re discussing something serious.

I turn to the members of Astro in our class who are still discussing then hear Soobin chuckle.

Soobin: Looks like they’re just discussing what song they’ll perform on the festival. I’m sure they won’t mind if you interfere.

Suddenly, Soobin’s phone starts ringing and I notice that Moonbin’s phone had started ringing, too. They both take out their phones and turn off their alarms. The three who were discussing just a while ago then stand up and Soobin turns to me.

Soobin: Well, looks like it’s time for us to go again.

Y/N: Hmm? What do you mean?

Soobin: The Big Three. Every morning, 10 minutes before the start of classes, we have this ritual of parading in the hall. You know, like yesterday.

Y/N: Oh... Is that really necessary?

Soobin: Not really, but BTS thought it would be a great idea, so we ended up doing it. All three groups. Anyway, see you in the hallway.

Soobin then nods to Yeonjun and they both leave. As soon as the members of TXT and Astro in our class exits, all other students hurry into the hallway. Dahyun then runs to me and pulls me to the hallway.

Dahyun: Come on! You know you wanna see them again!

We arrive at the hallway and the sides are crowded again. As usual, the crowd starts shouting as each and every group passes by, and after the Big Three’s morning ritual, we all go to class.

...

Lunch Time

Dahyun and I are at our table after ordering our food. Thankfully, no one came to bother us, this time, and we were able to get to our table safely. While we’re eating, Dahyun suddenly puts down her spoon and looks at me expectantly.

Dahyun: So... Did anything happen between you and Soobin when you went to the auditorium?

Y/N: Aniyo.

Dahyun: Oh, come on! The two of you looked really friendly with each other when you entered the classroom. Come on, tell me what happened.

I look at Dahyun who’s still looking at me expectantly.

Y/N: Soobin told me about the music festival.

Dahyun: And?

Dahyun’s bending over her tray now and I smile as I tell her what Soobin and I talked about.

Y/N: He said it’s next week and that they’ll be performing on the second night.

Dahyun: That’s all?

I nod and Dahyun pouts at me.

Dahyun: Are you sure? There’s gotta be something more.

I laugh then shake my head. Dahyun sighs then we continue eating. Once we’re done eating, we’re still at our table, talking about the festival when Dahyun stands up.

Dahyun: I need to go to the bathroom for a while. Can you stay here and wait for me before you leave?

Y/N: Sure.